Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Forgive me if this has been asked already. Some threads are very long talking about the music app. Is anyone else having issues with the music app loading and responding? I open it up to go to my playlists and it does not always respond when I select playlists are artists. Sometimes I'm forced to close out the app and restart it. When I have my bluetooth set up in my car it will play a random song. I try to pause it and select something else but I'm forced to close it out. Anyone else have this issue? I'm running IOS 7.0.2 on a iphone 5 16GB.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Forgive me if this has been asked already. Some threads are very long talking about the music app. Is anyone else having issues with the music app loading and responding? I open it up to go to my playlists and it does not always respond when I select playlists are artists. Sometimes I'm forced to close out the app and restart it. When I have my bluetooth set up in my car it will play a random song. I try to pause it and select something else but I'm forced to close it out. Anyone else have this issue? I'm running IOS 7.0.2 on a iphone 5 16GB.

Hopefully someone is able to help you out, iOS 7's music app is buggy, let's hope future updates will rectify issues with the music app.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Hopefully someone is able to help you out, iOS 7's music app is buggy, let's hope future updates will rectify issues with the music app.

I think your comment is the help "The music app is buggy". I see the same issues that the OP sees. I often have to force close the app and restart to get it to work right.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I have a lot of songs in iTunes Match, and when I select an artist in the music app, it becomes slow and unresponsive. Never had that problem on iOS 6.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
It's sad and kind of funny coming from the house of iPod that the music app is one of the worst offenders of iOS 7 :(

I have the problems listed above, they've been around since beta 2. Other issues I have with the music app is. It likes to duplicate song listings and entire albums. When deleting the duplicate it deletes both copies and then insists that it's available to download from the cloud. Only when you redownload from the cloud it again lists the album twice. Sometimes it decides to show a copy of the album downloaded to the phone and also one available in the cloud.

Playlists constantly get confused or just play random songs that are on other playlists.

Music app sometimes starts with Bluetooth connection other times it just hangs. Very inconsistent.

Band pictures download stops about half way thru the alphabet. Sometimes it's a-m other times it's only m-z. Only in beta 3 did this even work properly.

Why are the fonts pink? Everywhere else in iOS 7 they are blue, is it really because the icon is pink? Is P!NK endorsing this? WTF makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Music Videos won't play fullscreen anymore. Sometimes the status bar gets stuck when flipping the phone to landscape and back to portrait. Started in beta 1 got better and then broke again on final release. :(

Yes I've reinstalled iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 as a new device no backup when the final version came out and still these problems persist.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
I have had 2 issues on my 5s. I tried to skip a song and the app proceeded to keep skipping until I closed it and reopened. Then I had no skips left and it started 20 songs back so I had to switch to Pandora.

Today I opened it and it wasn't responding. Went in to the app, hit play, and my phone restarted.

I have only had the phone 2 days.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I find all kinds of bugs in the music app.

-A lot of times i have to press my Itunes radio station multiple times to get it to start the station.
-other times it will load the station and bomb right out back to the station select screen.
-Sometimes when I go from itunes radio to regular music, and press play, it doesn't play and I have to pull up the switcher and close music to get it to play.

So yeah, buggy to say the least

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
My one and only complaint is the app crashes every few songs. I typically open the app to rate each song and this will happen whether the app is the one open when unlocking or not. This is on a brand new 5S, clean build, no restore on 7.0.2. I also use the music app on Bluetooth primarily but haven't tested off yet.

What's the best way to report this to Apple with maximum chance of them taking notice?

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
My one and only complaint is the app crashes every few songs. I typically open the app to rate each song and this will happen whether the app is the one open when unlocking or not. This is on a brand new 5S, clean build, no restore on 7.0.2. I also use the music app on Bluetooth primarily but haven't tested off yet.

What's the best way to report this to Apple with maximum chance of them taking notice?

Via their feedback page, I don't have the link right now but you can do a search, many people submitted bugs and issues this way and if they get enough complaints, things might change. Every comment and feedback helps!

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
Via their feedback page, I don't have the link right now but you can do a search, many people submitted bugs and issues this way and if they get enough complaints, things might change. Every comment and feedback helps!

That's what I'm thinking. I tried on their site earlier but it's awful on the iPhone which is totally unacceptable. I realize that iDevices are capable of handling full web sites but it's brutal to look at and navigate on the 4" screen.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I'm having lots of iTunes Match and even songs I've purchased not showing up. In the iTunes store It show that I have purchased an album, however when I go to the music app it's not there and there's no way to download the music. It even shows partial albums for albums I have purchased!This is also true with iTunes on a Mac.

Sometimes when I go to play music it's like it gets stuck and it takes up to five minutes for a song to start playing I don't know why.

If I am playing music through the stereo in my car sometimes that music app crashes the phone and the phone restarts.

stract

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2013
skipping inconsistent

my only issue with the Music app right now is that sometimes I can't skip back to a previous song. This happens inconsistently, however. I hit the double back arrow to take me to the beginning of a song, then hit it again almost immediately to skip to previous song. Sometimes multiple hits of the double back arrow does nothing but restart the second song. Other times it works fine, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to when the pattern occurs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.