Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spidertaker23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I sync from exchange 2010 and Google (using CardDAV) for contacts.

I have about 10 contacts that exist in both exchange and google. Since the contacts are identical in both places in iOS 6 they laid perfectly on top of each other and didn't show any duplicate information.

For some reason in iOS 7 the contacts lay on top of each other perfectly except for the addresses. They show duplicate information in each contact. For example a contact that has 1 work address in each source it shows 2 in the iOS contact card. For a contact that has a 1 work and 1 home address it shows 4 address in the iOS contact card (2 work and 2 home).

When I look manually in the iOS contact card for each source it only shows 1 work or 1 work and 1 home address.

For some reason even though the addresses are identical they aren't laying on top of each other anymore like they used too.

Also, for some reason if I try to edit linked contact in the laid over view ... like deleting an address the contacts app crashes. This all worked perfectly in iOS 6.

Thoughts?

spidertaker23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Still broken in 7.0.3

This is still broken in iOS 7.0.3 on my iPhone 5s. The addresses do not lay on top of each other. It will show duplicates even though they are the same information. All the other information lays on top of each other.

However, thankfully when editing a contact that is in both exchange and google it doesn't no crash anymore when editing.

With iOS 7.0.3 I went to edit a contact that is the same in both exchange and google and I deleted all addresses in the contact. I re-added both the work and the home addresss and it shows up with 4 addresses. Two for home and two for work. In the individual contact for exchange and google they show up once. So it even happens when you add the information directly in iOS 7.0.3.

Ugh! Anybody have any idea how to fix this? Or am I just waiting for probably iOS 7.1 now :(.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.