PDA

View Full Version : Logic X + Mavericks = ?

patent10021
Oct 5, 2013, 03:48 AM
I'm considering installing early since I never had issues doing so with Mountain Lion plus I won't be using any 3rd party software i.e. Native Instruments etc. I'm thinking Logic X and Mavericks are all ready to go.

Anyone test them out yet?

fastlanephil
Oct 5, 2013, 09:54 AM
You'll probably be fine using Logic X and it's plugins but if you're also using midi controllers and audio interfaces that's where you might run into a rare incompatibility problem.

petrucci666
Oct 5, 2013, 07:00 PM
I'm considering installing early since I never had issues doing so with Mountain Lion plus I won't be using any 3rd party software i.e. Native Instruments etc. I'm thinking Logic X and Mavericks are all ready to go.

Anyone test them out yet?

You should be good to go. I installed Mavericks back when it was on DP3 and installed Logic X as soon as it came out and I haven't had any problems so far.

User since 1984
Oct 6, 2013, 12:07 PM
OK.... my test...

Mavericks dual monitor set-up is sluggish!

When i display a movie on my second monitor its "Stuttering" also the menubar remains visible (Thats not nice looking),

Switching back to OSX 10.8.5 the problem is gone......

Also the TAB system in the Finder is not as nice as third party Finder apps.

Moom is not working anymore...... Moom is much nicer as the finder window in Mavaricks.

There is absolutely no point in switching to Mavericks... i deleted it and switched back to a much smoother working OSX 10.8.5 !! Bad Job....

chrono1081
Oct 6, 2013, 12:29 PM
OK.... my test...

When i display a movie on my second monitor its "Stuttering" also the menubar remains visible (Thats not nice looking),

Moom is not working anymore...... Moom is much nicer as the finder window in Mavaricks.

There is absolutely no point in switching to Mavericks... i deleted it and switched back to a much smoother working OSX 10.8.5 !! Bad Job....

Bad job on what? Mavericks isn't finished yet and Apple didn't do their release of updates for their software that accompanies all new OS upgrades.

benwiggy
Oct 6, 2013, 03:21 PM
So, as someone in the Mavericks testing program, you've reported all these problems to Apple?

ChrisA
Oct 6, 2013, 07:11 PM

What hardware are you running this on? Apple has still not publicly released this, so you can't complain about pre-release software.

Phazer
Oct 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
I've been running Logic X on my MBP through all the DP of Mavericks with absolutely no problems.
Same thing goes for pro tools 10 and 11, as well as waves plugins and native instrument's komplete 9. Just in case anyone was wondering.
Can't wait for the final release to be out and put it on my iMac which is my main machine!

djtech42
Oct 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
Logic Pro X has been fine for me on Mavericks. Logic X still uses a lot of battery life, but that will have to be fixed in Logic.