Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schnitzel1979

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Hi everybody,

I am exited to install Pro Logic X once I have a new
rMBP. Is it possible to buy that software in a apple store
(in this case Munich) or can it be only downloaded from
the online store ?
Do you know if there will be extensions (for example
instruments), that have to be bought seperatily ?
Thanks for answers !

Best regards,
Christian

crenz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2003
Shanghai, China
If you don't have a good internet connection, you might consider buying and downloading it in the Apple Store directly (their Internet connection is usually quite good). I am not sure whether they can install it for you - I had that done with OS X in the past (I showed them the e-mail invoice sent by Apple as proof of purchase), but not sure whether that works with Logic.

Last edited:

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi everybody,

I am exited to install Pro Logic X once I have a new
rMBP. Is it possible to buy that software in a apple store
(in this case Munich) or can it be only downloaded from
the online store ?
Do you know if there will be extensions (for example
instruments), that have to be bought seperatily ?
Thanks for answers !

Best regards,
Christian

You have to buy it in the store. Even if there was some other way I'd still buy it in the store. Then to get upgrades as they come out. Also you can't loose the disk.

There is a LOT of downloaded content. The download from the store is small but when you first start Logic X if askes if you want to download more content and let's you select which you want. If you select "all" it adds up to 30GB or so.

You don't buy this separately. it is included for free with the price of Logic. But if you like there is no end to the extra stuff you can add from third parties. But Apple gives you all the content for the single price.

Last edited:

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
If you don't have a good internet connection, you might consider buying and downloading it in the Apple Store directly (their Internet connection is usually quite good). I am not sure whether they can install it for you - I had that done with OS X in the past (I showed them the e-mail invoice sent by Apple as proof of purchase), but not sure whether that works with Logic.

Just go to wherever you can find a fast, reliable connection. Maybe even pay a little for a fast connection if you want all the extras.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.