Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Hello,
The topic pretty much says it all...
Would you rather have just one device with a 5.7 screen and be the only device that is always with you and you use for everything without the hassle of keeping sync between two devices and such.

Or have a phone + small tablet, and live with the fact that the tablet would not always be with you and you would have app data spread across two devices and not always in sync and such.

If possible, please give some insights about your choice, mainly why would you go for a particular option.

Thanks.
Cheers!

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Hello,
The topic pretty much says it all...
Would you rather have just one device with a 5.7 screen and be the only device that is always with you and you use for everything without the hassle of keeping sync between two devices and such.

Or have a phone + small tablet, and live with the fact that the tablet would not always be with you and you would have app data spread across two devices and not always in sync and such.

If possible, please give some insights about your choice, mainly why would you go for a particular option.

Thanks.
Cheers!

I've been in both scenarios (with a Note II) and chose the later (HTC One + Nexus 7). The Note 3 is certainly a powerhouse but falls into a no-man's land, at least for me personally. It's too big as a phone (again, for me personally) yet too small as a tablet replacement. I don't like browsing on my phone (too damn small of a screen) and the Note II wasn't a big enough increase in screen size to remedy this problem. I'll be honest though, the Nexus 7 just barely cut's it for me--I'd much rather have an 8" display but the current offerings available don't match the Nexus 7.

Now I nearly always have my tablet with me and that generally is where I do all of my web browsing, reading, occasional gaming--doing any of this on a display less than 7" is just not enjoyable, IMO. The HTC one is about as big a phone as I'll ever get.

Also, what apps are you using that won't be able to sync across devices? Nearly everything I personally use is synced across the cloud. Heck, even Swiftkey now offers data syncing over the cloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.