Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Ok, so I have multiple email accounts (3 Gmail and 2 Yahoo) setup on my iPhone. It is running iOS7.0.2.

I like viewing my emails in the "All Inboxes" view. When I'm in the "All Inboxes" view:
- hit "Edit" at the top right
--select multiple emails (from different accounts)
---then "Move"

and I tap the "Trash" folder, does the Mail app. know to move each email to their respective "Trash" folder from the email accounts they're from?

Also, if I choose "Archive" instead of "Move" when I have multiple emails from different accounts selected, where do they get moved to?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Ok, so after a few days of checking email folders this is whats happening. For the Yahoo accounts, when I press "Edit" then hit the "Trash" button, the emails do go into trash. However, for Gmail, the emails just get archived.

I remember now why I use "Move" instead of "Trash" for Gmail. It's so I could move them to the trash folder instead of them being archived. Is there any way to change the iOS Mail app.'s behavior with Gmail so tapping "Trash" in the app. actually moves them to the Gmail trash folder instead of sending them to the "All Mail" folder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.