PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 5s vs Galaxy s4 battery life

nyc999
Oct 6, 2013, 03:20 PM
I don't understand how iPhone users report upto 8 hours of usage whereas I only get about 4 hrs of screen time on my s4. Sure my s4 screen takes up more juice but it also has a much bigger battery to compensate. I keep all the smart features, blue tooth and gps off. Is ios optimization that great? Could the software make such a difference?

Switchback666
Oct 6, 2013, 03:54 PM
Never in my life ive got 8hrs of usage on my iphones lol

4hrs is the most i got on my 4s, that is with brightness at around 40%, 3G, 4 emails accounts, whatsapp/tapatalk/ safari usage.

Some people just use the phone to listen to music, text and make calls :) i guess does are the ones getting that much out of the battery.

Technarchy
Oct 6, 2013, 04:29 PM
My GS4 can go a full work day a single charge.

Same is true of my 4S and iPhone 5.

I'm a heavy user as well. Constant music, messaging, Internet etcetera

nyc999
Oct 6, 2013, 04:32 PM
Never in my life ive got 8hrs of usage on my iphones lol

4hrs is the most i got on my 4s, that is with brightness at around 40%, 3G, 4 emails accounts, whatsapp/tapatalk/ safari usage.

Some people just use the phone to listen to music, text and make calls :) i guess does are the ones getting that much out of the battery.

check out the 5s battery thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644553&page=2

some report 6 hrs, others report 8+ hrs of usage. Dunno if that really includes screen time, but still pretty good.

Switchback666
Oct 6, 2013, 07:17 PM
check out the 5s battery thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644553&page=2

some report 6 hrs, others report 8+ hrs of usage. Dunno if that really includes screen time, but still pretty good.

Im talking about iphone 4s and my current iphone 5 :) screen time without wifi i doubt they get that with "real" use.

Now if with music on the background its a different storu :p but who knows maybe its just me.

Dontazemebro
Oct 6, 2013, 07:22 PM
Most i ever got on my 4s was 4hrs screen time, I doubt anyone is getting 8hrs + screen time on the 5s

On the GS4 i average about 5hrs screen on time.

Also remember usage on the iPhone doesn't necessarily mean the screen is on so don't be deceived.

nyc999
Oct 6, 2013, 08:20 PM
Donta how are you pulling 5 hrs screen time? What brightness and other settings do you use?

Apollo 13
Oct 7, 2013, 11:15 AM
Most i ever got on my 4s was 4hrs screen time, I doubt anyone is getting 8hrs + screen time on the 5s

On the GS4 i average about 5hrs screen on time.

Also remember usage on the iPhone doesn't necessarily mean the screen is on so don't be deceived.

don't have doubts...your reception sucks compared to others. Where i'm at I get 4 bars and always connected to wifi either at home or work.

zbarvian
Oct 7, 2013, 01:19 PM
Depends on what you're doing with it. Based on my usage patterns, I constantly get ~8 hours of runtime over 1.5 days on my 5. That's a lot of web browsing, lots of social media and messaging, some gaming, and some music streaming. Wi-Fi really conserves battery compared to 4G, though LTE doesn't seem to be as power-depleting as it's made out to be. I think overall the battery is really good if you're not on cellular and don't have brightness up all the time.

JeffiJers
Oct 7, 2013, 01:20 PM
Coming off of a VZW i5 to a Samsung S4 w CM rom.. battery life on s4 is extremely better.

I consider myself a semi heavy user. No game, just use the phone as a communication tool.

The iphone would not get through a work day. by 3-4 I was at 20% and to me that is.. put it down and save what is left incase I NEED gps etc.

The S4 will go a complete 24hrs and still have 30-35% left. This is great but sometimes I forget to charge it and find myself in a bind, which is my fault.

Wish the 5s had a longer bat life & tether app Bc I do miss the iphone.

lazard
Oct 7, 2013, 02:15 PM
the iPhone's usage time is a bit misleading. for example, talking on the phone with your screen off is included in the usage time.

Dontazemebro
Oct 7, 2013, 07:37 PM
don't have doubts...your reception sucks compared to others. Where i'm at I get 4 bars and always connected to wifi either at home or work.

Are you saying you get 8hrs screen on time? Sorry I'm not a believer.

----------

Donta how are you pulling 5 hrs screen time? What brightness and other settings do you use?

Auto brightness on. Never use Google now. WiFi, Bluetooth GPS off. And i stay on my phone nearly all day, average out around 5hrs.

Moshu
Oct 8, 2013, 12:38 AM
5s definately has better battery life compared to my old 4s which had to be charged everyday (age had its say, too).

After 24h from charging, with typical use, 5s's battery is 60%.

No LTE, just 3G.

ReallyBigFeet
Oct 8, 2013, 06:57 AM
My 4S was awful after a year, but I average 4-5 hours talk time daily on my 5, plus about 1.5 hours of screen-on time. I keep bluetooth and wifi on all the time.

This is on 3-4 bars CDMA/LTE signal. Less than 3 bars and my battery time goes to crap quickly.

I got about same from S3.

Apollo 13
Oct 8, 2013, 01:29 PM
Are you saying you get 8hrs screen on time? Sorry I'm not a believer.

----------

Auto brightness on. Never use Google now. WiFi, Bluetooth GPS off. And i stay on my phone nearly all day, average out around 5hrs.

kept my display on the whole time. It's time for you to believe.

This is about what I normally get
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5085/zam7.png

This is with the display on all day at 50% battery
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8732/ua8q.png

This is with the diplay on all day at 1% battery
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6272/chz0.png

Shuri
Oct 8, 2013, 01:52 PM

Image (http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5085/zam7.png)

Image (http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8732/ua8q.png)

Image (http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6272/chz0.png)

wow, but please tell us, what did you do while keeping the screen on? (beside that 12 minutes call ;) )

On topic two examples: the S4's battery is about 66% bigger than the iphone 5S. What we certainly know is that the display of the iphone is more power efficient (lower resolution, smaller display) which eats up the advantage of the OLED Display while displaying black pixels. You can assume that the iphone's SoC is also more power efficient since there are less cores and the clock is lower.
So you have a smaller battery but also more power efficient parts which leads to a similar performance on both devices (Maybe with a little advantage to the iphone).

BUT, things like cellular data or wifi eat up the same amount of energy as there is no big difference between those chips. So for example an hour of using the LTE chip and antenna uses relatively more energy on the iPhone than on the S4.

So far about the theory; The performance of both devices is very dependent of the usage you are doing. In fact both devices are capable of bringing you through the day in normal condition, so I'd just compare the overall experience since there is not really a difference on the battery side ;)

Apollo 13
Oct 8, 2013, 01:58 PM
wow, but please tell us, what did you do while keeping the screen on? (beside that 12 minutes call ;) )

On topic two examples: the S4's battery is about 66% bigger than the iphone 5S. What we certainly know is that the display of the iphone is more power efficient (lower resolution, smaller display) which eats up the advantage of the OLED Display while displaying black pixels. You can assume that the iphone's SoC is also more power efficient since there are less cores and the clock is lower.
So you have a smaller battery but also more power efficient parts which leads to a similar performance on both devices (Maybe with a little advantage to the iphone).

BUT, things like cellular data or wifi eat up the same amount of energy as there is no big difference between those chips. So for example an hour of using the LTE chip and antenna uses relatively more energy on the iPhone than on the S4.

So far about the theory; The performance of both devices is very dependent of the usage you are doing. In fact both devices are capable of bringing you through the day in normal condition, so I'd just compare the overall experience since there is not really a difference on the battery side ;)

wrote all here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1651653

Shanghaichica
Oct 8, 2013, 01:58 PM
The S4 has good battery life. It easily gets me through a full day with moderate to heavy use. I'd have to really hammer it to drain the battery before the end of the day.

comper
Oct 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
iPhone battery life is great compared to almost all android phones. The only three that come close or even surpass it in some situations in my experiences are the Droid Maxx, G2, and Note 2 (and 3 I'd suppose). Each of these have batteries at least 2x bigger than the one found in the iPhone.

I regularly get 6.5-7 hours of screen on time on my iPhone 5s. On a GS4, I'd get around 4.5. On an HTC One around 4. I am a normal user - taking some pictures, browsing facebook, have 4 email accounts with push, occasional YouTube / internet browsing, and I send/receive around 200 texts a day. The HTC One would probably still be in my pocket if it got better battery life, but I hate having to charge throughout the day.

Dontazemebro
Oct 8, 2013, 04:08 PM

Image (http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5085/zam7.png)

Image (http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8732/ua8q.png)

Image (http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6272/chz0.png)

Was this under normal circumstances or did you do a whole bunch of wacky things to prove a point? It's odd that no one else has ever testified to these extraordinary results that you post here but if that's what you claim more power to you. I doubt the 5s is as big a jump in efficiency than the 4s and under normal operating circumstances, I never saw anything remotely close to that w/ screen on. That's just my experience.

Apollo 13
Oct 8, 2013, 04:15 PM
Was this under normal circumstances or did you do a whole bunch of wacky things to prove a point? It's odd that no one else has ever testified to these extraordinary results that you post here but if that's what you claim more power to you. I doubt the 5s is as big a jump in efficiency than the 4s and under normal operating circumstances, I never saw anything remotely close to that w/ screen on. That's just my experience.

I just charged the battery to 100% and turn off the auto lock. Did nothing special. I used the phone like I do on a regular bases, but with a little more gaming then normal just to kill the battery faster. It already took to long for it to get to 50%. Without gaming I'm positive I would had got 14hrs or more. Anyone can do it and come out with the same results as long as their reception doesn't suck. They would probably even get more hours then I did. Also The 5s is more efficient the the 4s. I noticed that from going from the iphone 5 to the 5s.

Dontazemebro
Oct 8, 2013, 04:18 PM
I just charged the battery to 100% and turn off the auto lock. Did nothing special. I used the phone like I do on a regular bases, but with a little more gaming then normal just to kill the battery faster. It already took to long for it to get to 50%. Without gaming I'm positive I would had got 14hrs or more. Anyone can do it and come out with the same results as long as their reception doesn't suck. They would probably even get more hours then I did.

I'm not saying you're a liar but I would like to see someone else replicate this.

You have to understand it's quite unbelievable.

Switchback666
Oct 9, 2013, 08:05 PM
I just charged the battery to 100% and turn off the auto lock. Did nothing special. I used the phone like I do on a regular bases, but with a little more gaming then normal just to kill the battery faster. It already took to long for it to get to 50%. Without gaming I'm positive I would had got 14hrs or more. Anyone can do it and come out with the same results as long as their reception doesn't suck. They would probably even get more hours then I did. Also The 5s is more efficient the the 4s. I noticed that from going from the iphone 5 to the 5s.

To bad iOS does not give detailed battery stats :) because not even Apple gets the same usage you get lol nor any other review....

I got an iphone 5 recently coming from a 4s, my 4s max usage i got was like 4hrs and with this iphone 5 due to work im not using it that much BUT i have to say that battery seems a lot better, now your usage i have a hard time :p maybe just listening to music but "real" use i doubt it.

sviato
Oct 9, 2013, 08:56 PM
I've been consistently getting these usage numbers since upgrading to iOS7 on my 4s.

This includes about 1-2 short phone calls, texting a few people throughout the day, FB messaging one friend, checking twitter, instagram, and email often, streaming music for about 1-2 hours, downloading and listening to 2-3 podcasts and flipping through a few articles on Flipboard. My brightness is se at half btw.

The battery is much better than when I was jailbroken on iOS6 and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Fanaticalism
Oct 9, 2013, 10:05 PM

My Wife has the i5, does not use her phone as much as I do, and I generally get an hour or so more than she does...

macred
Oct 9, 2013, 10:26 PM
For a mere $40 Amazon's got me covered. About the size of my iPhone 5, the compact & light Anker Astro 2 external battery / charger keeps both my phones going for a few days. it renders battery life a non issue.

www.ianker.com/support-c1-g259.html

Dontazemebro
Oct 10, 2013, 04:20 AM
I've been consistently getting these usage numbers since upgrading to iOS7 on my 4s.

This includes about 1-2 short phone calls, texting a few people throughout the day, FB messaging one friend, checking twitter, instagram, and email often, streaming music for about 1-2 hours, downloading and listening to 2-3 podcasts and flipping through a few articles on Flipboard. My brightness is se at half btw.

The battery is much better than when I was jailbroken on iOS6 and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Yes, but his claim is that he's getting that usage with his screen on the whole time.

I'm pretty sure during that hr or two of streaming music, your screen is off correct? .... and when on phone calls, your screen is off? Correct.

This doesn't even include all the background processes your iPhone is running when the screen is off that is included in the usage statistic.

scapegoat81
Oct 10, 2013, 04:34 AM
I've been getting pretty impressive battery life on my 5s. The most I got out of it so far was 8hrs, 10 min of actual Usage. Other days I've got a LOT less than that b/c of the crappy signal I get at work. Pretty happy with my upgrade

Apollo 13
Oct 10, 2013, 06:21 AM
To bad iOS does not give detailed battery stats :) because not even Apple gets the same usage you get lol nor any other review....

I got an iphone 5 recently coming from a 4s, my 4s max usage i got was like 4hrs and with this iphone 5 due to work im not using it that much BUT i have to say that battery seems a lot better, now your usage i have a hard time :p maybe just listening to music but "real" use i doubt it.

I didn't just listen to music did you even bother reading the whole thread to and see the link I posted on everything I did? My phone was on the whole time and I did my normal daily things + more. I use to get 4hrs on a phone 4 to 5 years ago, and if I got that little time I would switch carriers or get a new phone. My phone must last me 6+ on usage and my old iphone 4 got 6hrs so it shows me u have crappy reception where you live.

You shouldn't have a hard time believing it if you actually took the time and did the same thing I did. I was on wifi most of the time since I have it at work and home. Just do it and post results.

----------

Yes, but his claim is that he's getting that usage with his screen on the whole time.

I'm pretty sure during that hr or two of streaming music, your screen is off correct? .... and when on phone calls, your screen is off? Correct.

This doesn't even include all the background processes your iPhone is running when the screen is off that is included in the usage statistic.

he's going to get good battery life look at his reception. I get anywhere from 3 to 4 dots. It seems like you want to believe the iphone has a crap battery. Did you even look at the iphone section (huge thread) to see ppl posting battery results?

IFRIT
Oct 10, 2013, 06:37 AM
I don't understand how iPhone users report upto 8 hours of usage whereas I only get about 4 hrs of screen time on my s4. Sure my s4 screen takes up more juice but it also has a much bigger battery to compensate. I keep all the smart features, blue tooth and gps off. Is ios optimization that great? Could the software make such a difference?

Usage is s not screen on time... Usage is the equivalent of the "awake" stat in Android. Nice trolling Apollo 13 there is no way you had 8 hours screen on time.

Dontazemebro
Oct 10, 2013, 07:39 AM
I didn't just listen to music did you even bother reading the whole thread to and see the link I posted on everything I did? My phone was on the whole time and I did my normal daily things + more. I use to get 4hrs on a phone 4 to 5 years ago, and if I got that little time I would switch carriers or get a new phone. My phone must last me 6+ on usage and my old iphone 4 got 6hrs so it shows me u have crappy reception where you live.

You shouldn't have a hard time believing it if you actually took the time and did the same thing I did. I was on wifi most of the time since I have it at work and home. Just do it and post results.

----------

he's going to get good battery life look at his reception. I get anywhere from 3 to 4 dots. It seems like you want to believe the iphone has a crap battery. Did you even look at the iphone section (huge thread) to see ppl posting battery results?

I'm not saying the iPhone has a crap battery . Goodness gracious, I had an iPhone for quite a while so I should know. What you seem to not understand is that screen on time does not equal usage.

Apollo 13
Oct 10, 2013, 07:59 AM
I'm not saying the iPhone has a crap battery . Goodness gracious, I had an iPhone for quite a while so I should know. What you seem to not understand is that screen on time does not equal usage.

and I proved that with the screen on the whole time it has great battery life. So your screen on time does not equal usage means nothing. My phone can get better usage with the phone on the whole time.

Dontazemebro
Oct 10, 2013, 08:14 AM
and I proved that with the screen on the whole time it has great battery life. So your screen on time does not equal usage means nothing. My phone can get better usage with the phone on the whole time.

The only thing you have proved is that you really don't understand what "screen on" time means.

IFRIT
Oct 10, 2013, 11:44 AM
I really don't get how someone could not understand what screen on means...

Switchback666
Oct 10, 2013, 08:09 PM

----------

Hey buddy ! :) so im suppose to believe everything you say and pictures you post :eek: ? Go to time out buddy :p stop being so ********

LOL! He even gets better battery than Apple and all the review sites :D iphone 4 pulling 6hrs puff get a grip son....

nyc999
Oct 10, 2013, 09:15 PM
Usage is s not screen on time... Usage is the equivalent of the "awake" stat in Android. Nice trolling Apollo 13 there is no way you had 8 hours screen on time.

That is what I thought...I was skeptical of all these iphone users reporting crazy high screen times.

Overal the GS4 has a great battery life, much better than the previous Samsung phone I had (droid charge). I can easily make it to the end of the day with light to medium use.

Fanaticalism
Oct 10, 2013, 10:25 PM
That is what I thought...I was skeptical of all these iphone users reporting crazy high screen times.

Overal the GS4 has a great battery life, much better than the previous Samsung phone I had (droid charge). I can easily make it to the end of the day with light to medium use.

My usage was solid today. Unplugged at 6am, screen brightness at 100%, bluetooth, wifi... all on, all day.

nooaah
Oct 10, 2013, 10:29 PM
The battery on this thing is stupid ridiculous for me. I was very happy with my 5 and 5s but the Note 3 might be a bit better.

Apollo 13
Oct 11, 2013, 03:23 AM
wow at ppl thinking a iphone 5 or 5s can't get 8hrs. Stop thinking a iphone is the same as android phone. Switchback666 I don't see where I'm getting better battery life then Apple. Did u even bother going to their web site?

Talk time: Up to 10 hours on 3G
Standby time: Up to 250 hours
Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback: Up to 10 hours
Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

Normal operation I get 7hrs in 15mins if you would had went to Apple's site you would see it's not better then Apples 10hrs. With my screen on the whole time and not turning it off I got 11hrs. If you read this post you see plenty of ppl getting a lot of hours http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644553. Just look at any photo with ppl that get 3 or more bars they are getting a lot of hours. Then you have ppl even posting in here about the hours they are getting. My photos are real and if you had a iphone 5 or 5s I bet you would get the same thing if you kept you're screen on the whole time. Like I said before others could beat my time because I did more then my usual. I don't need to fake anything I'm not a Android OEM.

Shanghaichica
Oct 11, 2013, 03:44 AM
I can well believe good battery life on the 5S. I've always had good battery life on my iPhones in the past. On my ipod touch 5th gen I get between 6 and 7 hours screen time so I can imagine that the 5S can do 8 hours.

The battery on the S4 is good though. Much better than my previous galaxy note. I bought a spare battery for it but I've only used it once in 2 months.

thunng8
Oct 11, 2013, 06:20 AM

I regularly get 7-8 hr screen time with my iphone5. Not sure why you are skeptical.

IFRIT
Oct 11, 2013, 08:31 AM
I regularly get 7-8 hr screen time with my iphone5. Not sure why you are skeptical.

What are you using to time this?

IFRIT
Oct 11, 2013, 10:45 AM
I can well believe good battery life on the 5S. I've always had good battery life on my iPhones in the past. On my ipod touch 5th gen I get between 6 and 7 hours screen time so I can imagine that the 5S can do 8 hours.

The battery on the S4 is good though. Much better than my previous galaxy note. I bought a spare battery for it but I've only used it once in 2 months.

And again what are you using to time your screen on time?

Switchback666
Oct 12, 2013, 01:32 PM
And again what are you using to time your screen on time?

FFS! This! :eek: i can make my damm iphone say 10hrs+ of usage and crazy standby just with music lol get a grip Apollo13 mate im not saying the battery is bad BUT with "real" usage you wont be getting no 8hrs man.

matttye
Oct 12, 2013, 02:07 PM
I get 7-8 hours usage with my 5s, which is a few calls, loads of texts, playing Simpsons tapped out & candy crush, browsing, listening to music, maps/navigation, etc.

I'm still in the early stages where I pick it up and play with it all the time. Under my normal usage it would probably last 2 days easily.

Apollo 13
Oct 12, 2013, 10:18 PM
FFS! This! :eek: i can make my damm iphone say 10hrs+ of usage and crazy standby just with music lol get a grip Apollo13 mate im not saying the battery is bad BUT with "real" usage you wont be getting no 8hrs man.

are u slow? Everything i posted is with real usage. I don't play music on my phone. During my testing I did but only for 10mins.

Switchback666
Oct 13, 2013, 12:48 AM
are u slow? Everything i posted is with real usage. I don't play music on my phone. During my testing I did but only for 10mins.

Maybe you are slow ? Show me detailed usage stats lol opss sorry you cant! :eek: you can post any picture you like and still no proof mate get that thing in your head.

Why any of the old and "reputable" review sites dont seem to get the same results you have ? Why i dont get that ? (I have attached a picture of the worst signal strenght) even with the best of the signals :) why only the die hard 'fans' in macrumors seem to get this awesome battery lol ?

Apollo 13
Oct 13, 2013, 01:15 AM
Maybe you are slow ? Show me detailed usage stats lol opss sorry you cant! :eek: you can post any picture you like and still no proof mate get that thing in your head.

Why any of the old and "reputable" review sites dont seem to get the same results you have ? Why i dont get that ? (I have attached a picture of the worst signal strenght) even with the best of the signals :) why only the die hard 'fans' in macrumors seem to get this awesome battery lol ?

uhh...maybe because you're still on that old azz battery hungry 3G network duh. Everyone else is getting those results because they are on LTE and wifi. I'm also not a die hard fan. Hell I signed up to this site to troll Apple users without ever touching a Apple device.

Switchback666
Oct 13, 2013, 06:11 AM
uhh...maybe because you're still on that old azz battery hungry 3G network duh. Everyone else is getting those results because they are on LTE and wifi. I'm also not a die hard fan. Hell I signed up to this site to troll Apple users without ever touching a Apple device.

Now its the LTE ? Huh... Hmm k man :)

janitor1999
Oct 13, 2013, 06:58 AM
I do manage to get up to 17hrs out of my iphone5 but this is only because I don't really use it much, a bit of twitter, check weather, emails and to make receive the odd call or text. The s4 on the other hand also twitter,emails streaming radio for a couple of hours a day with Bluetooth on the whole time so I get the music through the hands free, web surfing quite a bit and some sat nav if need be, 23hrs with 20/30% battery still left. I did try doing everything on the iPhone but it needed topping up twice to make it through the day, lost 40% in two hours streaming with Bluetooth, so by 8am was down to 60%.

matttye
Oct 13, 2013, 07:16 AM
I can't say I'm getting the same battery life as Apollo 13 reports, but I get about 5 hours of screen on time at least. Longer when on WiFi.

People saying "show me proof" are asking for the impossible. There is no way of showing screen on time in iOS.

JohnLT13
Oct 13, 2013, 08:00 AM
Im not a heavy user and get almost 2 days of battery life on my iPhone 5.

Switchback666
Oct 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
I can't say I'm getting the same battery life as Apollo 13 reports, but I get about 5 hours of screen on time at least. Longer when on WiFi.

People saying "show me proof" are asking for the impossible. There is no way of showing screen on time in iOS.

I get the same usage as you with mine, 5hrs and thats a wrap :) with wifi i can pull more.

Exactly, thats why i tell him to post all the pictures he wants yet it will mean ****.

Apollo 13
Oct 13, 2013, 01:06 PM
I get the same usage as you with mine, 5hrs and thats a wrap :) with wifi i can pull more.

Exactly, thats why i tell him to post all the pictures he wants yet it will mean ****.

It means **** for u but a lot of ppl get more then 5hrs and are posting here, but u ignore them...he'll 5hrs usage is what ppl got on their iPhone 4 and 4s. I bet it eats u up inside to see that battery thread with everyone posting getting 7-10 of usage on their phone. Get on a better network instead of that poverty 3G network you're using.

gotluck
Oct 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
It means **** for u but a lot of ppl get more then 5hrs and are posting here, but u ignore them...he'll 5hrs usage is what ppl got on their iPhone 4 and 4s. I bet it eats u up inside to see that battery thread with everyone posting getting 7-10 of usage on their phone. Get on a better network instead of that poverty 3G network you're using.

I don't think you know much about european cell networks

Switchback666
Oct 13, 2013, 01:28 PM

Go to time out little apollo lol :D and keep in mind you got LTE on that iphone last year :rolleyes:

Apollo 13
Oct 13, 2013, 02:50 PM
I don't think you know much about european cell networks

Only thing I need to know is that 3G is a battery drainer compared to wifi and LTE, and that some kid is trying to compare his 3G battery draining network to others LTE and Wifi and say that we are all lying that we get 7-10hrs on our phones. Then doesn't even bother to read Apples own battery specs but keep yapping that he only gets 5hrs so we all should get 5hrs.

Switchback666
Oct 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
Only thing I need to know is that 3G is a battery drainer compared to wifi and LTE, and that some kid is trying to compare his 3G battery draining network to others LTE and Wifi and say that we are all lying that we get 7-10hrs on our phones. Then doesn't even bother to read Apples own battery specs but keep yapping that he only gets 5hrs so we all should get 5hrs.

If 3G is such a battery drainer i wonder how have you manage in the past with the battery hungry iphone 3g,3gs,4,4s ? But i remember you said the formers gave you up to 6hrs of usage :D

Lol the only thing he needs to knows puff this is guy is probably part of the people that bashed Android phones with LTE and were saying that it only drains battery and its not available in most places.

Get a grip :p