PDA

View Full Version : Audio CD Burning Problems with my new PM!!! Windows Nero is Working Better! :(

JasonGough
Dec 3, 2005, 02:13 PM
I noticed last week that when i burned 50 copies of my bands CD, they didn't play on the majority of CD players i tried them on!

I was pissed off, but determind to get it working i tried burning another CD both in iTunes, and Toast Titanium 7 (as Audio CD). Again, neither option worked properly.

I decided to try somthing, and blew the dust off my now unused PC, using the same files and the same CDRs - Nero 6 succesfuly burnt an Audio CD that read on EVERY system i tried it on, including the ones that my Mac couldn't get it working on.

Is this a problem with my Mac SuperDrive, or a software problem?

Please help, cos i need to sort this out!

Thanx in advance!

mad jew
Dec 3, 2005, 06:51 PM
What were the iTunes burning settings? Maybe take a screen shot of the Preferences, in the Advanced tab, under Burning. :)

Also, I didn't think iTunes would let you burn fifty copies of a single playlist.

Blue Velvet
Dec 3, 2005, 07:01 PM
I've always had the best success with the playing back of audio cds on various devices after burning them at 4x. 8x seems to upset some (cheaper) players.

Could this be an issue with the combination of drive in the Mac and the blank media?

Nermal
Dec 3, 2005, 07:06 PM
Also, I didn't think iTunes would let you burn fifty copies of a single playlist.

It only limits playlists containing copy-protected songs.

mad jew
Dec 3, 2005, 07:10 PM
It only limits playlists containing copy-protected songs.

Coolness, thanks. Learn something new every day 'round here. Well, it's more like every half an hour for me...

Bear
Dec 3, 2005, 07:15 PM
Is this a problem with my Mac SuperDrive, or a software problem?

Please help, cos i need to sort this out!

Thanx in advance!What brand CD-Rs did you use?

What model SuperDrive do you have?

JasonGough
Dec 4, 2005, 07:03 AM
thanx for all your replies guys...

a few things about the comments.... using **** cheep CDs, 'Mr Data'. Not the finest, but again, they work 100% on my hunk of **** PC.

Burning speed, usualy keep it down to 8x, i will try 4x, but again, my hunk of **** PC works 100% even when burning audio at 48x!!

Not sure on my make of superdrive, will check it when i get home. Its just the starndard factory PM SuperDrive tho.

I have heard that for professional audio CD burning, the best program is Jam, so maybe i should try that out?

Otherwise, i can only imagine there is a problem with the SuperDrive itself...... hope not tho. Having said that, i have noticed it makes some wierd noises sometimes... when i'm not using the drive atall, it sometimes makes a little clunky noise, as if its checking for a CD for a split second. Also, when reading CDs and DVDs it seems to make more machanical noises than my windows PC does when its just about to mount the CD onto the desktop....

not sure if this is just how the mac superdrives are, or if mine is dodgy?? what you think??

Wes
Dec 4, 2005, 07:22 AM
When my powermac had trouble burning CDs/DVDs I went out and bought a lens cleaner disk. That sorted out all my problems.

Bear
Dec 4, 2005, 08:14 AM
a few things about the comments.... using **** cheep CDs, 'Mr Data'. Not the finest, but again, they work 100% on my hunk of **** PC.
...I find no reason to go with no name CD-Rs. Regular brands are on sale often enough (at least in the US) that there is no cost advantage going with an off brand.

Might I suggest you try one of the major brands? (TDK, Fuji, Maxell, Sony) If you have problems with one of these brands, then it might be a SuperDrive problem. (There are a couple of more brands that are considered major brands for CD-Rs, but due to the issues with their DVD-Rs that I've seen, I'm totally avoiding their media.)