Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madhushree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
hi,
i tried below code to connect roadrunner(rr.com) email account using imap_open in php.But it doesn't work..

These are the incoming and outgoning ports and server settings for rr.com i used:
incoming:pop-server.kc.rr.com,port(110)or(995)
outgoing:smtp-server.kc.rr.com,port(25)or(587)

<?php
$imap = imap_open("{pop-server.roadrunner.com:110/pop3}","xxxxxxxxxxxxx@kc.rr.com","xxxxxxxx")or die("can't connect: " . imap_last_error());
?>

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Did you really just post your email address and password on a public forum?

Yes you did. You might wanna clean out some of that spam there buddy.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
hi,
i tried below code to connect roadrunner(rr.com) email account using imap_open in php.But it doesn't work..

These are the incoming and outgoning ports and server settings for rr.com i used:
incoming:pop-server.kc.rr.com,port(110)or(995)
outgoing:smtp-server.kc.rr.com,port(25)or(587)

<?php
$imap = imap_open("{pop-server.roadrunner.com:110/pop3}","xxxxxxxxxxxxx@kc.rr.com","xxxxxxxx")or die("can't connect: " . imap_last_error());
?>

Try pop-server.kc.rr.com for server name with correct username and password, the same you'd use to login via their web site to check email. Never include passwords, etc. in public sites like this one.

But be sure to contact Time Warner/RR tech support in Kansas City and ask them to confirm the server name, port, the fact it's pop3 and no SSL/TLS additionally set (flags to add on to server name in your code as per the very helpful PHP info page with examples at http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php)

You also might consider asking support to forward email to a GMAIL account and set up your code to use that instead (i.e. easier config, well documented setup help such as this code I found:

PHP:
 #########
# goggle with pop3 or imap
# $authhost="{pop.gmail.com:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert}";
# $authhost="{imap.gmail.com:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}";
# $user="username@gmail.com";

$user="username like above";
$pass="yourpass";

if ($mbox=imap_open( $authhost, $user, $pass ))
        {
         echo "<h1>Connected</h1>\n";
         imap_close($mbox);
        } else
        {
         echo "<h1>FAIL!</h1>\n";
        }

?>

If following these steps in order doesn't solve the issue, tell us what the error was (as you included error reporting if the connection dies). Not posting that and asking for help won't help us help you.

-jim

madhushree

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
error message

hi,
i got this error when i execute the port-995 and server setting is
(pop-server.ks.rr.com)

"can't connect: Connection failed to cdptpa-kc-vip.email.rr.com,995: Connection timed out"

i got this error message when i execute the port-110

'can't connect: Connection failed to cdptpa-kc-vip.email.rr.com,110: Connection timed out"

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
hi,
i got this error when i execute the port-995 and server setting is
(pop-server.ks.rr.com)

"can't connect: Connection failed to cdptpa-kc-vip.email.rr.com,995: Connection timed out"

i got this error message when i execute the port-110

'can't connect: Connection failed to cdptpa-kc-vip.email.rr.com,110: Connection timed out"

Unfortunately many things can cause that, i.e. a firewall is blocking the outbound connection, the server is offline, wrong server, etc. so please follow the advice given to troubleshoot and resolve beyond just simply changing the server name. I cannot help you further and felt my advice was pretty comprehensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.