Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
I'm a pro photographer so I have about 17,000 photos in my iPhone 5s.
I rely on the phone to show people my work.
The new iOS has many bugs but one that really bothers me is the photo App and Nobody seems to have noticed it yet.
First of all, clicking on a small thumbnail should open the photo full screen like it used to on iOS 6. Now, the stupid navigation bars on the top and bottom still show until you click on the photo once again. Like most things on ios 7, everything requires more steps or clicks.
It's not really a bug but just bad programming.
Now, the real bug.
My photos are in a 3:2 aspect ratio. The iPhone screen is 16:9 so the photos are automatically enlarged to fit. Pinching with 2 fingers will show the actually proportions of the photo leaving black bars on top and bottom just like it used to happen. Now, if you start swiping thru the photos, vertical photos will not "stick" to the left margin Of the screen, but they will move slightly to the left. It looks like they are stuttering. This happens in random order, but it can be duplicated every time. It also happens when you have full-screen landscape photos. They will not stick to the edge and move up. I also noticed that the full-screen pictures are not centered anymore. They are off center to the left. I would guess 10% of the picture is hidden on the left margin.
This does not happen with 4:3 aspect ratio photos.
I have tried this on my iPhone 5s, an iPhone 4S with iOS 7 installed and also an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 so it is not my phone.
You are welcome to try on your own phone and see if you notice this behavior. It is very annoying to me, cause I show photos all the time.
Please let me know if u can duplicate the bug.
Cheers
Patrick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.