Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedib0p

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
I'm running Mavericks GM and noticed something a little odd with the Maps application and the send to device feature.

It's showing one of my old devices; an iPhone 5 to be specific. I'm not sure exactly which iPhone 5 it is because it was replaced once under warranty.

Anyhow I checked Find my Friends and Find my iPhone and the device is no longer listed there. I also checked iCloud's Find my iPhone and it isn't listed there. I checked supportprofile.apple.com and it's not there.

I've logged out of and back in to iCloud on my mac and the old device remains in the list.

Any ideas on how I can delete this device from showing in the Maps app?

tylerkemp

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Same exact issue here...it's driving me nuts. I have 4 possible Apple IDs that I accumulated over the years, and only the one I use regularly for everything has any devices associated at all in both Find My iPhone and Find My Friends. If I sign out of iCloud on my Mac, there are no "Send to..." options in Maps, but as soon as I sign back in, the old iPhone still appears in the list. Does anyone know of a .plist file that can be trashed and rebuilt for Mavericks Maps?

jkelker

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Did you try removing the old iPhone from your support profile? https://supportprofile.apple.com

I did that once to deactivate iMessage and it worked....need to try since I also have an old device showing but I need to track down the serial number first. Please let me know if it works.

Kurthis

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2010
Same issue for me. Deleted my old iPhone in my support profile, unregistered it in iTunes but it still shows up.

If anyone knows a solution, that would be great!

jkelker

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
I tried removing from support file and also iTunes and didn't work. Any suggestions?

jkelker

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Have a solution!

Change your AppleID password (either at applied.apple.com or in iTunes).

You'll then need to sign back in on each of your devices and Macs (or sign out and back in if it doesn't ask you. I then had to restart my mac, and it now only shows the devices I have signed back in on...so removing my old phone.

Hope this works for you!

tylerkemp

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Have a solution!

You'll then need to sign back in on each of your devices and Macs (or sign out and back in if it doesn't ask you. I then had to restart my mac, and it now only shows the devices I have signed back in on...so removing my old phone.

Hope this works for you!

That worked! Great idea!

Vercingetorix

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2007
Atlanta, USA
Have a solution!

Hope this works for you!

Worked here too. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.