Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

INFMISR34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Been looking everywhere, everyone can tell you the awesome way of how to do it without blobs which of course none of those videos or articles are relevant anymore, I just want a straight answer and if it is possible to do so, i have saved my blobs from the very beginning from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS7, with the advent of iOS7 obviously app developers are none leaving iOS5 in the dust in favour of 6 and 7 meaning as much as it pains me to move all 52GB of my personal stuff to update its gonna have to happen at some point

cheers :)

Attachments

• Blobs.PNG
    Blobs.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 398

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Been looking everywhere, everyone can tell you the awesome way of how to do it without blobs which of course none of those videos or articles are relevant anymore, I just want a straight answer and if it is possible to do so, i have saved my blobs from the very beginning from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS7, with the advent of iOS7 obviously app developers are none leaving iOS5 in the dust in favour of 6 and 7 meaning as much as it pains me to move all 52GB of my personal stuff to update its gonna have to happen at some point

cheers :)

You can't update an iPhone 4S to anything but iOS 7. Blobs do nothing (as of now) for an iPhone 4S.

INFMISR34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
From what I've read that only applies to partial SHSH blobs that where availiable thru cydia, meaning the full digest including AP ticket info weren't included, However ive gotten all my blobs thru tinyumbrella resulting in a full SHSH blob, unless i am wrong?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
From what I've read that only applies to partial SHSH blobs that where availiable thru cydia, meaning the full digest including AP ticket info weren't included, However ive gotten all my blobs thru tinyumbrella resulting in a full SHSH blob, unless i am wrong?

SHSH blobs are useless for an iPhone 4S, period. You cannot update a 4S, 5, 5c or 5s to any firmware other than iOS 7 at this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.