Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
Hey, wondering if anyone else was lucky enough to get into the Hearthstone Beta.

If you were, put your username, lets get some MacRumors users going on, maybe get a forum ladder going? Would be nice to get a little community here going!

DrDomVonDoom is my username on Hearthstone. :D

cycledance

Suspended
Oct 15, 2010
Hey, wondering if anyone else was lucky enough to get into the Hearthstone Beta.

If you were, put your username, lets get some MacRumors users going on, maybe get a forum ladder going? Would be nice to get a little community here going!

no beta key :(

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
I'm in the beta but i'm not sure what my username is (its been a month or so since i've played). I'm guess its DaveNinja

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
got my beta key last night, haven't had time to get around to it yet though.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
I found my beta key last night after returning from M:TG tournament. It's fun and my username is Legacykon.:D

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Have been in it for a few months... I play it maybe once or twice a week depending if there's an update. Just a tad bit uninteresting for my taste. >.<

ReillyGJ22

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
I've been thoroughly enjoying the beta for the past few days! I think it'd be cool to get a MR community together...my name is Grocks in game. Hit me up!

lmedinas

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
I got the beta key last night and it's seems a bit funny. IMHO it's magic the gathering with Warcraft characters.

Maybe it could contain more spells and allow to have more minions i guess it would be even funnier. But nevertheless i think it's a game more target to mobile, for iPad would be a great game.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Been playing Hearthstone for a bit (got a beta key, yay!). However, it feels like the game has a strong emphases on "pay to win" syndrome. I've only unlocked the basic cards and it chooses "suitable" opponents for me that have cards I don't have access too, simply because I haven't bought any boosters.

A bit of a downer it doesn't determine worthy opponents based on that merit, whether or not I have the same pool of rare cards.

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Been playing Hearthstone for a bit (got a beta key, yay!). However, it feels like the game has a strong emphases on "pay to win" syndrome. I've only unlocked the basic cards and it chooses "suitable" opponents for me that have cards I don't have access too, simply because I haven't bought any boosters.

A bit of a downer it doesn't determine worthy opponents based on that merit, whether or not I have the same pool of rare cards.

That's how these card games work. You build a custom deck and play. You don't need to spend money. Just beat the challenges given to you all the time and you earn currency to buy packs.

I haven't spent money and not much time and I got some rares in a custom deck.

Theses games are all about having a good deck and getting right cards from the deck that you need in game. Using a default deck is terrible because as you noticed it has crap cards.

Custom deck lets you pick more cards than just what that class gets.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
That's how these card games work. You build a custom deck and play. You don't need to spend money. Just beat the challenges given to you all the time and you earn currency to buy packs.

Theses games are all about having a good deck and getting right cards from the deck that you need in game. Using a default deck is terrible because as you noticed it has crap cards.

Well, I do reckon the playing field is more even in the Arena.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I'm semi-interested in this game, but as with all card games, I think the learning curve is pretty high. I have played Pokémon TCG and WoW TCG like some 10 years ago and completely forgot all the rules already. Once it goes public I'll be sure to test it though. Great that it works (eventually) on the iPad too :)

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009

This is true, but I feel like I have to win 20 games to get a pack or pay $1.99. Easier to just pay up, but then skill and planning no longer make a difference as some cards I've played against were insane and definitely purchased. +4/+4 and all minions get taunt. Come on....

Beecker

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
Michigan

I was invited to the closed beta. Yesterday I received en email thanking me and then they gave me a new code for open beta. However the code won't work for me. The game is a lot of fun. I'm hoping now to receive an invite to "Hero's of the storm".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.