Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
In Mountain Lion's Safari 6, top sits can be maxed to 24 sites and it is editable. However, in Safari 7 I don't see the edit option. Only thing I can do is rearrange the thumbnail.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
If you hover over a thumbnail for a couple seconds you can pin or delete it from Top Sites.

You can change the number of top sites that appear in Preferences>General>Top Sites Shows:

In my experiences the Top Sites thumbnails no longer update themselves. They remain the same thumbnail until you revisit a page.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
If you hover over a thumbnail for a couple seconds you can pin or delete it from Top Sites.

You can change the number of top sites that appear in Preferences>General>Top Sites Shows:

In my experiences the Top Sites thumbnails no longer update themselves. They remain the same thumbnail until you revisit a page.

Thank You

Power Fantastic

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
I just googled to see if anyone else had this issue w Mavericks. There was an edit feature for top sites before.

However, the workaround is to drag-n-drop the site [highlight the url of desired link] to the top site. I had to create two SEPARATE windows to achieve this. One showing the top sites; the other showing the desired link.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
You can bookmark to Top Sites too by using the Add bookmark function ..there is a option to add to top sites

That's right. You can also change the page title so something friendly at the same time.

----------

This is an improvement over Mountain Lion, where the thumbnails could sometimes get replaced by Wifi login page thumbnails. A dozen of those on the screen at the same time looked daft.

Power Fantastic

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
Nice find lovestruck.

And just realized that you can open the sidebar icon [that contains Bookmarks | Reading List] and drag-n-drop into the top sites as well, instead of having two separate windows open.

gonude

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2013
another solution

I was having serious trouble getting one link onto top sites; dragging the URL to top sites didn't work, nor did dragging the bookmarked site to top sites. I finally tried dragging the URL onto the actual itty-bitty "button" showing the 4x3 symbol for the top sites page. It put my site in the first slot, and I was finally able to pin it. UGH! :mad: I miss that edit button...

I just googled to see if anyone else had this issue w Mavericks. There was an edit feature for top sites before.

However, the workaround is to drag-n-drop the site [highlight the url of desired link] to the top site. I had to create two SEPARATE windows to achieve this. One showing the top sites; the other showing the desired link.

PierreScerri

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Adding sites to Top Sites in Safari

Drag the '+' on the left side of the URL and select Top Sites or whatever grabs your fancy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.