Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Talking to my bud the Apple rep at my local Best Buy and whining about the slow laggy UI, he told me to try to reset my settings, see if it sped it up. I did, and it didn't.

That aside, when I went to answer a text today, my little microphone button on the keyboard is missing. Don't know what I did to the settings, and I can't find it anywhere. Tried a reset, nada.

iOS 7.0.2, iP5.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Is it slow and laggy compared to another iPhone 5? Have you tested them side by side?

Make sure you have Siri on for dictation. Try turning it off and on.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Talking to my bud the Apple rep at my local Best Buy and whining about the slow laggy UI, he told me to try to reset my settings, see if it sped it up. I did, and it didn't.

That aside, when I went to answer a text today, my little microphone button on the keyboard is missing. Don't know what I did to the settings, and I can't find it anywhere. Tried a reset, nada.

iOS 7.0.2, iP5.

Turn Siri back on.

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Y'all can share the Guru title. My phone is fixed!!!!! :D

It wasn't broken. You just disabled a feature. So the correct response is your question/ issue is answered/ resolved as your phone was never broken. ;)

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
I see what you did there :p
What? Told the truth!! So many people around here are quick to scream out that everything different than before is most definitely a bug and something is broken when it might actually be the way things were designed or user error being the true issue. Being in QA for software testing, I see this all the time so I am not really surprised.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
What? Told the truth!! So many people around here are quick to scream out that everything different than before is most definitely a bug and something is broken when it might actually be the way things were designed or user error being the true issue. Being in QA for software testing, I see this all the time so I am not really surprised.

You made a statement that is true. That's all lol :)

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
It wasn't broken. You just disabled a feature. So the correct response is your question/ issue is answered/ resolved as your phone was never broken. ;)

I sure thought I had broken it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.