Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Is anyone else having trouble with the backspace (delete) key when typing in your passcode on the lockscreen?

The button is so far down on the bottom-right corner of the screen that sometimes my finger doesn't reach it and the delete doesn't register.

What's worse is, the dots on the top of the screen indicating each of the four passcode numbers fade slowly so that if you press delete, you can't immediately tell it the delete has been registered (you have to wait to see if the fakeout happens or doesn't happen).

Many times I either press delete twice on accident (thinking it didn't register) or press it once to delete but it actually didn't register. Am I the only who who has been struggling with this??

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
That is the result of something made to look a certain way rather than perform a certain way.

Notice how beautifully each lock key fades out after you press it? Yeah, so does everyone else who glances at your phone...

You can usually tell 2-3 numbers at least, and their order by virtue of which one is most faded (first pressed).

When you move your hand to press delete, it's easy to give a clear view of your keypad with the buttons still fading.

Maybe this is to encourage touch id? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.