Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nik73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2006
UK
I just got an iPhone 5C, but it's my first one with Siri. I've heard bad things about it, but coming from a Galaxy S3 and their version I think it's fantastic. No it's not perfect, but MUCH better to me. No contest.
Maybe because it's new for me, but I was amazed at some of the things it came up with, not to mention how quickly it did it. I haven't had a single issue with it so far and it does a good job with my north of England accent.

I'm a big US sports fan so asked it a load of questions last night that I already knew the answer to and it answered them all. Things like.....
- "What number does Kobe Bryant wear?" and variations.
- "Where did RG3 go to college?" and variations.
- "What time is the Redskins game this weekend?" followed by "What channel is it on?" and similar questions.
- "How many touchdowns did Peyton Manning throw last season?" and similar questions.
- "Where do the Celtics play?" and variations.
- "When are the Bruins playing next?"
- "Who are Ohio State playing this weekend?"
- "Who won the...... last year?" and similar questions.

You get the idea.

I've always thought things like this were a novelty, but I can actually really see me using this a lot for things like "Wake me up at...", "Give me directions to..." and "Remind me to...", etc.
Maybe it's just the novelty of coming back to an iPhone as well.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
You should have seen SIRI pre iOS7...Very frustrating.

SIRI is now very good. Much better than Google NOW, which I was very fond of...

SIRI is fast and recognizes me decently enough even when I am lazy with speech. SIRI also finds much of what I ask for, or can google it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.