Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
When unboxing and updating my new iPod 5 to iOS 7.0.2, I went to download/redownload some apps, and every time it asked for a password. I went to Restrictions, and realized it was set to "immediately". I enabled Restrictions to try and change it, but while all other options can be changed, Require Password is still greyed out...any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
When unboxing and updating my new iPod 5 to iOS 7.0.2, I went to download/redownload some apps, and every time it asked for a password. I went to Restrictions, and realized it was set to "immediately". I enabled Restrictions to try and change it, but while all other options can be changed, Require Password is still greyed out...any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

No idea ... I can change it every time I want.
Did you try a reset of your iPod ?

glman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Tried Resetting and Restarting and Synced with computer, still not able to change it.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011

If you have touch ID on, it will require a passcode at the lockscreen immediately, but you should still be able to change the appstore password to 15 minutes.

In fact, with mine set to immediately, I can download an app, enter the password, download a second app and just hit OK without entering the password and it will download it anyway!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If you have touch ID on, it will require a passcode at the lockscreen immediately, but you should still be able to change the appstore password to 15 minutes.

In fact, with mine set to immediately, I can download an app, enter the password, download a second app and just hit OK without entering the password and it will download it anyway!

No touch IF on an iPod.

glman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
No touch IF on an iPod.

See this is what I can't figure out. I have only seen the same thing posted once. I can't find any reason it wouldnt let me change it. I'll take any suggestions. Im a bit desperate :p I'll post a SS soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.