Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Any video I play through Quicktime has a static sound sustained throughout the entire video any time there is audio. I tried VLC player, iTunes, youtube all of these work fine. I did a SMC and PRAM reset but it didn't help.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Unfortunately it's rather unavoidable on certain sites, like streaming Apple's Live Events. The sound problem occurs with the Quicktime app and online

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
Yeah. I'm seeing it flipping between HD and non-HD streams. Unfortunately, they're not synced so they appear to jump and/or repeat.

This is through safari on both the Mac and the iPad.

*edit* Looks like they're pretty much in sync now. (7 pm UK time)

*edit* Oops. Spoke too soon...

Last edited:

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I wish someone could just tell me if this is happening to them, it's driving me insane. It was doing it on the GM release, I upgraded to official release and it seemed to be fixed, but I started watching a video a few days later and after pausing the video and unpausing it the problem came back. I would normally just avoid using Quicktime but there are certain websites with embedded video (like Keynotes) that utilize Quicktime and it does on there too.

I reported it as a bug to Apple, but I have no idea if this is a widespread problem on Mavericks since no one is saying anything.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Yes. I get it too. QT Player X has static. QT 7 and iTunes do not.

I reported it in the Preview phase, so we'll see if it gets addressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.