PDA

View Full Version : Intel Processor Binaries and MAC OSX

JammyOne
Dec 5, 2005, 06:18 AM
Hi all,

Anyone know if I write an application (C++, CodeWarrior) and compile it on the new Intel based mac platform, under OSX will I be able to run my application on the Non Intel based OSX machines?

In development we are going to test the Intel based machines but all of the other machines in the company are not yet upgraded ofcourse.

Thanks,

Jammy

hopejr
Dec 5, 2005, 06:24 AM
You can't use Codewarrior to compile intel binaries. You can easily do so using XCode 2.1 and higher, but you need to have Universal Binary libraries installed (usually done by default iirc).
You need to follow the instructions from Apple to convert your Codewarrior project to an Xcode project so that you can create universal binaries. I'll look for the info and post a link soon.

edit: here's the link: http://developer.apple.com/tools/movingfromcodewarrior.html

edit 2: if you do this, you can have them run on both ppc and intel (hence universal).

JammyOne
Dec 5, 2005, 06:53 AM
That is a great reply. Exactly what I needed to know, thank you. Although not looking forward to converting over to XCode 2, it should be fun :D

Thanks,
Jammy