PDA

View Full Version : FS: 23" Aluminum Apple Cinema HD Display

TheGimp
Dec 5, 2005, 09:23 PM
Near-Mint condition (no scratches or dings on screen, *possibly* a tiny ding somewhere on stand, but I haven't seen one)

Bought at Apple Store in Cambridge, MA last summer. Light to moderate use with a Powermac G5 (mostly web stuff and a little gaming). Always dimmed within a few minutes of inactivity (using Preferences-->energy saver), and *never* left on for extended period of time.

I still have the box and original receipt, as well as the included Apple manual and all connectors/adapters (i.e. powerbook mini dvi to DVI)

You can check Apple.com for the full specs (this is the same revision as the one currently being sold, I believe), but everything about this display is great. Great color, contrast, brightness, 170 degree viewing angle, etc, etc
I have also hooked this screen up to my 1.5GZ 12" Powerbook and it looks fantastic.

If you're an Apple user who wants that extra few inches of screen real estate and doesn't mind paying a little extra for the beautiful form factor and very small desk footprint, then you can't go wrong with this display.

$1000

Will not ship, since I have never sold anything on macrumors and don't want the hassle of trying to provide references, etc.

Therefore I'm mainly interested in serious replies from those in the Boston, MA area, or those willing to drive to Boston (I have no car, and live near Boston College, on the Brighton/Newton border, accessible also through the MBTA B-line)

Just in case you're interested, the only reason I'm selling this awesome display is to use the money to buy lower-resolution :( but higher priced television set that will (hopefully) work better with my xbox and cable box.
I'm also sad to have sold my dual G5 recently, so getting rid of it's soul-mate should help hasten the mourning process.

reberto
Dec 5, 2005, 09:36 PM
why won't you ship?

ITASOR
Dec 6, 2005, 06:42 AM
why won't you ship?

Hmm maybe because of the reason he said...

since I have never sold anything on macrumors and don't want the hassle of trying to provide references, etc

kingcrowing
Dec 6, 2005, 07:01 AM
I may be interested, I'm looking at getting a larger LCD+powerbook (possibly) and I live in VT, so its just a couple hour drive, I'll let you know, but if someone else makes an offer, its theirs...

TheGimp
Dec 6, 2005, 04:13 PM
why won't you ship?

it's not that I won't ship, but rather that i didn't want to target a long distance market due to the reasons I gave. Allthough I could certainly provide personal references, teachers, the guy I sold my dual G5 to, etc who would vouch that I exist (!), I wouldn't know how to go about processing any kind of secure payment other than cash or bank check from someone who wants to buy it. Come to think of it, perhaps I could give as a reference the biochemistry professor at Boston College, in whose lab I worked last summer. Something like that....

However I wouldn't know how to go about packaging the thing, other than bring the screen (in its Apple box) to the nearby UPS store and have them work their magic, if in fact they would do that kind of thing for me.
Personally, I have never bought anything from ebay or from another person over the internet, so perhaps I'm just projecting my own circumspection onto all prospective customers.

Feel free to PM me in any case. We can exchange phone numbers and arrnage to have me email photos (contextualized if desired) of the screen, including closeups from different angles.

kingcrowing
Dec 8, 2005, 11:16 AM
I sent you a PM a while ago... never heard back

TheGimp
Dec 9, 2005, 12:17 AM
I sent you a PM a while ago... never heard back

whoops, sorry. I guess my cursory glance at the pm wasn't enough. I'm about to reply to you now.

TheGimp
Dec 14, 2005, 04:12 PM
no takers?

I'll do $950 + shipping

Photos furnished by email upon request

Jesus
Dec 16, 2005, 03:39 AM
I might be interested, Would you ship to the UK??

TheGimp
Dec 16, 2005, 03:27 PM
I might be interested, Would you ship to the UK??

Sure. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to do that from eastern usa?

If you PM me with an email, I'll send you some of the photos.

Counterfit
Dec 17, 2005, 09:15 AM
Man, I wish I had the money. I would love a second display on my PB, and that's a good price. I'm also within train distance :(

TheGimp
Dec 29, 2005, 10:43 PM
Final price reduction to $900 + shipping. If no one wants it, then I'll move to ebay. For anyone living in Massachusetts, it might be possible to arrange to conduct the sale in person.

cheers

doucy2
Dec 30, 2005, 08:12 AM
trades is that an option

amacgenius
Dec 30, 2005, 09:29 AM
Final price reduction to $900 + shipping. If no one wants it, then I'll move to ebay. For anyone living in Massachusetts, it might be possible to arrange to conduct the sale in person.

cheers

Will you sell the Mini DVI to DVI adapter, I need one...

TheGimp
Dec 31, 2005, 12:17 AM
Not interested in trades, though as a stuff-monger, I'm always tempted. At this point I need the cash in order to pay off a debt.

As for selling the mini-DVI to DVI adaptor, I don't think a new one costs very much at all, so you are better off just visiting an Apple Store (or online) and letting me keep the package together for optimum enticement.

Thanks for reading and posting.

Cards1
Dec 31, 2005, 11:20 AM
Ygpm!

TheGimp
Jan 13, 2006, 12:08 AM
Sold! For $950 shipped.

In other words, this display is no longer available.

Thanks to those who expressed sincere interest and thus helped make this as hassle-free for me as possible.

Good luck as well in the future buying/selling of whatever you hope to buy/sell. (excepting of course drugs, weapons, kids, and other no-no's)

_bnkr612
Mar 2, 2006, 10:38 AM
I may be interested, I'm looking at getting a larger LCD+powerbook (possibly) and I live in VT, so its just a couple hour drive, I'll let you know, but if someone else makes an offer, its theirs...

SAABs and Macs go well together!

'01 93. '04 PM.