Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I have a 2012 13" MBA that has been working great until today. When I checked my battery status it said 'Service Battery' and health was at 59%. After the battery discharged a little bit, the status changed back to 'Normal' and health at 84%.

Why did this happen? Also if it helps, this 'Service Battery' status occurred after I woke my MBA from sleep.

Here are the screen shots in the System Profiler below:

Normal.png

Bad.png

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Sounds like you may have a defective battery. I would take it in to Apple and show them those screen shots you saved.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Sounds like you may have a defective battery. I would take it in to Apple and show them those screen shots you saved.

Thanks, I think I will have to do that. But is there a reason why this happened? After the 'Service Battery' warning it ran like it normally did. Very strange.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks, I think I will have to do that. But is there a reason why this happened? After the 'Service Battery' warning it ran like it normally did. Very strange.

I really don't know... usually that message appears and stays there. It is odd yours went away. That's why I am thinking it would be good to show Apple your screen grabs so they don't think you misread or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.