Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys, I would like to know (because I'm interested in an iPad, waiting for the 22nd) if there is an app that automatically downloads subtitles when you are watching a movie or a tv show, like BSPlayer does on Android/Windows?

Or what are the alternatives you guys found? I know there are a lot of non native English speakers here that would love a feature like this, is it out there yet?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hey guys, I would like to know (because I'm interested in an iPad, waiting for the 22nd) if there is an app that automatically downloads subtitles when you are watching a movie or a tv show, like BSPlayer does on Android/Windows?

Or what are the alternatives you guys found? I know there are a lot of non native English speakers here that would love a feature like this, is it out there yet?

For example Infuse Player can do this.

Unfortunately, my favourite player (nPlayer) can't.

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
But does it automatically download and apply the subtitle? I would like to know for sure because its still an expensive app

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
But does it automatically download and apply the subtitle? I would like to know for sure because its still an expensive app

Semi-automatically - it must be invoked from inside the app. It downloads from opensubtitles.org.

BTW, why don't you download the subs beforehand? It'd only take you 1-2 minuted each movie and, then, you could use almost any player; for example, nPlayer?

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
App like BSPlayer ?!

The problem is to find subtitles in my language for the correct video release! I don't necessarily need subtitles I understand English very well! But it helps when I'm multitasking so I don't miss anything what was said

Seems like BSPlayer is a really good app! It's a shame that it doesn't has an iOS version, probably because of iOS's limitations for being a closed system

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Thank you, I just wanted to know if there was an app like BSPlayer, just for the fun and practicality of it! :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.