Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manuelcalavera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure this needs a topic or not until I experienced it on my girlfriend's 5C.

On my 5S, most of the time when I go back to home screen from an app, the last mili seconds of the transition goes wrong and it's like it misses some mili seconds of the animation. Its like the wallpaper is moving along with the icons. It's like the wallpaper and icons were in the wrong place and in the last frame it changes the placement of wallpaper and icons.
The wallpaper shifts down for half a centimeter.

Altough it happens to my girlfriends 5C, it is more noticable on my 5S. And there is something about it: When I come back from a cold boot, it wont happe. It seems it just happens when the RAM is full and some apps are running.

Anyone with the same problem ?

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
No, you're not alone here. This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads and there are also quite a few people discussing it over on the Apple Discussions board. Mine was much worse with the parallax feature turned on so I turned it off (using the 'reduce motion' toggle) and it helped but I still sometimes see a shift when returning to the home screen. It's almost like the icons have been crushed a little and they're stretching back up to their real height.

Tomo2

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
I've been having this problem since iOS 7 beta 1, although it doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to. It will probably be fixed in a later update.

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
Good to see another 5s having graphical glitches. Means it's iOS 7 and not the hardware. Apple will hopefully fix this...Before the 5s came out, it was believed to be the a6 being the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.