Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you love it or hate it?

• iPhone --> Android LOVED IT

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • iPhone --> Android HATED IT

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Android --> iPhone HATED IT

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Android --> iPhone LOVED IT

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
For those who have switched, iPhone --> Android or Android --> iPhone, what did you think?

1. iPhone --> Android - Loved it!

2. iPhone --> Android - Hated it!

3. Android --> iPhone - Hated it!

4. Android --> iPhone - Loved it!

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
iPhone to Windows Phone - Love it.

I love being the difficult one who doesn't fit the mold, or in this case, the poll. :p

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Switch two years ago and this is why I love it!

LG G2

G2Home_zpse5b23fe1.png

G2WidgetLocker_zpsdb4c9f87.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

bembosNote3_zps2552a04f.jpg

Mercury6

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Lebanon
I switched from an iphone 4 to a Note II about a year ago and I love it. I will probably get the Note 4 next year but I might consider getting the iPhone 6 if it has a bigger screen.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Um. I'm not going to post how many times I've switched lol. The vast majority of the times it has been iPhone ->> Android - hated it! This last time though with the Moto x is was iPhone ->> Android - loved it! I expect this next time with nexus 5 to be iPhone ->> android - loved it!! (Again).

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I switched from a 4S to a HTC One and it has been great. I'm not a fan of the smaller screen on the current iPhones.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Let's just say I miss my iPhone since going from an iPhone 5 to a Samsung S4 in August.

Android is entertaining at times, but it's infuriating far too often, while my iPhone 4S and 5 were just so consistent and solid performing and never really disappointed in a key area.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Went from iPhone to Android 3 years ago and never looked back. Android has come a long ways and surpassed iOS up. I literally have no interest in a iPhone and really the only interest i have in Apple right now is the iMac since i have got a Windows 8 laptop(Yoga) and i just updated it to 8.1 a couple days ago.
Not to say that Apple sucks because they do not. Very nice products but i love Android over iOS...no contest there for me and i prefer Windows but id still love to have an iMac as my desktop since i wouldnt really care too much to use iTunes much with it.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
There should be a option for being neutral to both. Right now I prefer Android but both OS's have their strong points and I have no permanent allegiance .

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I use both but have been primarily using Android since I got my HTC Hero in 2009.

It is nice using both I will say. :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've used both and I like both.
iOS advantages (for me).
Tight integration with apple services and products. This cannot be understated for those who are deeply enmeshed with apple.
Simple yet elegant design.
Frequent updates, and no need to wait for the manufacturer to hopefully send an update.

Android advantages (for me again).
Customization the ability to customize the environment is nearly endless, whether we're talking about customized roms or just launchers.
Environment is less locked down and I can make changes if I wish.
A multitude of choices in phone selection.

I think either platform is great, and both offer strengths and weaknesses. I'm currently on iOS due to Point #1 but it won't take much of a push for me to re-embrace android. I'm liking the Note 3 phone and I may decide to take the plunge again :)

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
On behalf of my neighbour who up until recently hated Apple products and finally bought the 5s:

Android --> iPhone - Loved it!

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
The term "Android" is so broad. Someone could use a touch wiz or Nature UI device, have a bad experience and then swear off android for good. Then someone could use stock android and love it. Of course this could be visa versa because some people don't think stock android offers enough.
Here's the thing: the average consumer has no idea what the heck the difference is. They just know android or apple.
I feel android gets a bad reputation because of this. I personally have bashed android as a whole because of this too. I just wish it was more clear.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The term "Android" is so broad. Someone could use a touch wiz or Nature UI device, have a bad experience and then swear off android for good. Then someone could use stock android and love it. Of course this could be visa versa because some people don't think stock android offers enough.
Here's the thing: the average consumer has no idea what the heck the difference is. They just know android or apple.
I feel android gets a bad reputation because of this. I personally have bashed android as a whole because of this too. I just wish it was more clear.

exactly. Android phone has so many different meanings to different people (b.c they are not educated on the difference between an OS and skin). I would be willing to bet over 3/4 of the people who own a samsung phone have no idea what touchwiz is.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Mostly love for my switch to Android. I think it's said best in this one line:

"The phone conforms to me and not the other way around."

Schicksal

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
It's been a bad time so far, but it was a switch from an iPhone 3G to a Samsung Galaxy S. I'm hoping an OS over two years newer without carrier and manufacturer bloat will be the cure.

simani

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Had iphones from 2g-4g, then switched to android,

Iphone= better quality, more durability, better construction. Better battery!

Android=offers larger screens, offers cheaper phones $ wise, phones are more customizable, they work with flash, expandable memory.

I would go with the most durable android, which is hard to determine.

steviewhy

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
iPhone --> Android - Loved it!

Originally switched for the larger screen size. Then I discovered Android had a file system...oh hello :cool:. Then all the other things that made Android better for me. Couldn't be happier with it.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
I originally started in the Android camp and then switched to an iPhone. Hated it and its restricted nature. Then I went back to Android and noticed how much better the app selection was. I now use both but it's really the app store that keeps me using iOs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.