Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingOfDope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

I bought this Beats by Dre iBeats
and the they have 3 buttons (previous/play-call/nect)
and when i plug it on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2)
it works but the previous and next button change the sound
but play and call work :) i don't mind that. But when i plug it
in my Macbook late 2008 with Mountain Lion installed it doesn't
detect the previous button and next button functions as play button
but play button works. I tried it on iTunes, Spotify, QuikTime and VLC
and still no succes :( and I don't get it Beats by Dre are specialy made for
Apple products why doesn't it work on my macbook.

Here are some picture of my Beats by Dre:

CameraZOOM-20131020164224140.jpg

CameraZOOM-20131020162947988.jpg

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
In 2008, the Apple headphones only shipped with the pause/play functionality. I believe this was built into their MacBooks around this time. It was in later generations that the previous/next functionality was added.

It's not the fault of the Beats, but the hardware of your MacBook. I believe the Aluminum MacBooks and later could use the pause/previous/next functions on headphones.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
In 2008, the Apple headphones only shipped with the pause/play functionality. I believe this was built into their MacBooks around this time. It was in later generations that the previous/next functionality was added.

It's not the fault of the Beats, but the hardware of your MacBook. I believe the Aluminum MacBooks and later could use the pause/previous/next functions on headphones.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right - my late 2009 MBP allows you to skip songs using headphone buttons. Not much point though, b/c you can just using the previous/next buttons on the keyboard.

KingOfDope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
I think you're right - my late 2009 MBP allows you to skip songs using headphone buttons. Not much point though, b/c you can just using the previous/next buttons on the keyboard.

yeah I know but I was scared that it was broken ;D but its fine thnx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.