Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I'm accessing a website that kicks you off after a certain amount of time, I was wondering if anyone has or could create a script so that it won't log me out, I mean, if I go to the bathroom, I have to restart it and go through all ym searches, the website is factiva if that helps

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Copy and paste the site onto a .rtf document (Text Edit) and then paste that link into Safari (or whatever you use) when you come back.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I don't understand, can you explain a little more? Like when I'm gone, copy the link into a texedit, then when I get back, open a new safari and past it again?, I don't think that will work but I'll try it

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You could drag and drop the URL to the desktop or the Dock and you'd be able to re-enter the website quickly.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
you could try right clicking on the web page. This will bring up the contextual menu. If the right mouse button is programmed to "click and hold", this should keep the window active until you get back from the potty.

just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.