Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
My Mac won't allow me to download Mavericks from the app store.
On a late 2012 iMac. It says sign into iCloud with 'email address xyz' here which I've never heard of before to download. The iMac was brand new and bought directly from Apple and shipped with ML? Anyone know why it's saying that and how to clear it?

REDTAZ

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles, California
On a late 2012 iMac. It says sign into iCloud with 'email address xyz' here which I've never heard of before to download. The iMac was brand new and bought directly from Apple and shipped with ML? Anyone know why it's saying that and how to clear it?

Having the exact same problem 0.o

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Hmm well I've got anupdate for the latest version of ML so I guess I'll try that first, see if that helps things...

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Don;t know what happened but restarted my Mac and it suddenly came up and sprang into life, hopefully it'll work for everyone else too! Good day to be a mac user!

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
Same here. I want to download the full installer. The Apple ID is already in greyed out! And I never heard that Address before, don't know where the address is coming from?

hw007

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
51.5799259, -0.2282228
Did you download a copy of Mavericks GM?
Is there a copy of it in your Applications folder?

If so delete it and you will be able to download the installer.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013

Try this…go to Purchases, and it will probably prompt you to sign in. Sign in, and then go back to update and try it again. Solved the issues for me!

stevedusa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
I was like 64k away from completing the download... then the error.

Now I had to redownload it at less than 500k/s! It was over 5m/s on the first try.

Oh and this is my 3rd try too, the 2nd try was resetted.

I just hope after this slow download it won't do that stupid error again, then I have to redownload it again.

Don't know why Apple doesn't use RESUME on their transfer...

HarCees

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2013
now I have tried to download Mavericks since it got released. I have gotten error-messages like 30 times and have had to restart the DL. I was recently on 4gb and then got the error message and had to restart the DL....

What Can I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.