Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
So I officially downloaded the Mavericks installer, however, the installer is showing up in the launchpad but not the apps folder. Any ideas as to the location of the installer file.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
The Launchpad is actually a GUI of your applications/utilities folders. It should be in your applications folder.

It's labeled Install OSX Mavericks and should have popped up after downloading it.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
So I officially downloaded the Mavericks installer, however, the installer is showing up in the launchpad but not the apps folder. Any ideas as to the location of the installer file.

Open Spotlight start typing in "Install OS X Mavericks.app" no " and it should find it.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
None of the above worked but I figured it out. It was placed in the /Volumes/Install OS X Mavericks. Strange!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
My download is called "OS X Mavericks:" and is in /Applications

Note: It won't show up in finder until the download is complete. If you go into terminal and list the contents of /Applications it shows up as "OS X Mavericks.appdownload" during the download.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
My download is called "OS X Mavericks:" and is in /Applications

Note: It won't show up in finder until the download is complete. If you go into terminal and list the contents of /Applications it shows up as "OS X Mavericks.appdownload" during the download.

My download was called 'Install OS X Mavericks.app' and was downloaded from the app store. It was not stored in the Apps folder but in /Volumes folder, as stated above. However, this could have been because I downloaded it on a Mavericks machine. I had the 1st GM build of Mavericks already installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.