Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocat1997

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Fort Worth
I hope everyone that complained to Apple is happy about them killing the animations. I used the reduce motion due to my background needing it to look right, but wanted the animations. Now, Apple removed it because of the cry babies. Thanks everyone for spoiling it for the majority. Enough said.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I hope everyone that complained to Apple is happy about them killing the animations. I used the reduce motion due to my background needing it to look right, but wanted the animations. Now, Apple removed it because of the cry babies. Thanks everyone for spoiling it for the majority. Enough said.

I couldn't agree with you more. I REALLY dislike the fact they took it away completely. There should have been anther slider to customize the features more. The ONLY thing I wanted off was the background movement, just as it was before.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I complained, they fixed it, I am happy. My phone feels fast again. Those slow animations were driving me nuts.

rocat1997

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Fort Worth
I don't know why everyone says their phone is slow. My iPhone 5 is lightning fast with animations on. It's as fast as iOS 6. No different. My wife's the same. I think people are having issues with something else.

FFF84

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
Germany

majority????
I'm not sure about that

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I think it's so funny how, had Apple NOT changed this in 7.0.3, the exact opposite could apply. Observe:

"I hope everyone that didn't complain to Apple is happy about them preserving the animations. I wanted to use the reduce motion not due to my background needing it to look right, but rather to stop animations. Now, Apple has kept animations because of the lack of cry babies. Thanks everyone for spoiling it for the majority. Enough said."

There are two sides to every coin. You are basically saying "Heads, I hate you Apple. Tails, I hate you Apple." You can't blame everyone else because the coin didn't land on the side you wanted.

vexorg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2009

You too get to be a cry baby now

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Apple did not kill the animations because people were whining about them. They did it because of the motion sickness it was causing some people. That has a more serious impact on the user base.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the parallax effect but I definitely don't like the disintegrate transition with reduce motion turned on.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I don't feel the fade effects being faster than the original icons flying in and out...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You too get to be a cry baby now
Yup. Don't like it? Complain to Apple. That's all there's to it (as poster after poster kept on telling those who didn't like animations before...while quite a few would also add some indirect and sometimes direct put downs of the people who were discussing issues they had with animations).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How many threads about animations do we have to see ? :(
Interesting how much complaining there is now from the more or less the same type of userbase that complained about others complaining about animations before.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012

Agreed. I really liked the animations.

richpuer

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
Can someone please tell me what animations everyone is talking about?? I never saw any animations whatsoever on mine after the 7 launch.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Can someone please tell me what animations everyone is talking about?? I never saw any animations whatsoever on mine after the 7 launch.

The one you see when you open or close folders, unlock the phone, open/close apps, etc.
It's what some people have been complaining about...
Some people apparently have had motion sickness because of them, believe it or not.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
I don't know why everyone says their phone is slow. My iPhone 5 is lightning fast with animations on. It's as fast as iOS 6. No different. My wife's the same. I think people are having issues with something else.

I found it to be the duration of the animation that was the problem. With reduced motion on, the animation time is super short so I'm not waiting around for a fancy effect to finish before I can do something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.