Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
After installing 10.9 I got an OSX notification asking me to "optimize my MBP" or something of that nature, and if I didn't do it, my battery/computer might not work properly...

I accidentally closed out of it, but I can't seem to find it again, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about.

It seemed really odd and un-apple like, but it was def the osx mav logo in the notification.

Am I crazy? Or does someone know what I'm talking about?

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
It's already doing it by itself. It was just telling you it was, and the only option was to close the notification.

screen-shot-2013-09-26-at-2-01-59-pm.png

It was a clock, not the Mavericks logo. :p

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Boom. So I don't need to DO anything?
Guess I was wrong about the os x mav logo haha.

No, it's already optimizing it automatically. Now doesn't that sound more Apple-like? :p

It doesn't seem to tell you exactly when it's done, but my battery life was terrible the first hour or so using Mavericks, just like it said. Seems to be normal now.

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
No, it's already optimizing it automatically. Now doesn't that sound more Apple-like? :p

It doesn't seem to tell you exactly when it's done, but my battery life was terrible the first hour or so using Mavericks, just like it said. Seems to be normal now.

Odd... Well. Thanks.

tundoopani

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
How long should it be optimizing the computer? The "Optimizing Your Mac" notification has been there for over 3 hours on my rMBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.