Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rmafive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hi guys,

I just updated to Mavericks and everything works great except for my bluetooth devices (keyboard and magic trackpad). For some reason every time I do something like switch between apps, quit an app, etc. the devices freeze for about five seconds. I also have a wired mouse plugged in and that works fine when the bluetooth devices freeze. Are there any known workarounds/solutions for the issues? Thanks :D

Rmafive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Update:

It appears as though the culprit is my wireless keyboard: A logitech diNovo Edge Mac edition. I don't understand why this would cause a problem, but whenever I turn it off the issue disappears. I doubt logitech will be updating the drivers anytime soon, so I guess I just will have to get a new keyboard! :mad:

mrgq

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Update:

It appears as though the culprit is my wireless keyboard: A logitech diNovo Edge Mac edition. I don't understand why this would cause a problem, but whenever I turn it off the issue disappears. I doubt logitech will be updating the drivers anytime soon, so I guess I just will have to get a new keyboard! :mad:

Rmafive,

I have the same keyboard as you have and I was also experiencing the same exact issue after upgrading to Mavericks but the fix is really simple. Just go to Utilities and use the Logitech LLC Uninstaller and remove the logitech LLC software. Restart and the issue should go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.