Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PavelT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
i just updated. did anyone notice how the app icons appear darker in color and the fonts is the osx look a bit different?:apple:

Gallion

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2011
i just updated. did anyone notice how the app icons appear darker in color and the fonts is the osx look a bit different?:apple:

YES! I am very annoyed by all of this. What the hell?
I'll try to import the color profile I had on 10.7, though I am not too hopeful.

If anyone can tell me how to revert to thicker fonts, please tell me. I can't read crap with this new font.

Edit : Don't bother, importing a color profile didn't change anything.

They broke the colors! My external monitor suffers the same fate even though I'm using the same color profile.

Top is Mavericks, bottom is Lion
INOSRmK.png

Left is Lion, right is Mavericks.
vs708uV.png

Last edited:

PavelT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
YES! I am very annoyed by all of this. What the hell?
I'll try to import the color profile I had on 10.7, though I am not too hopeful.

If anyone can tell me how to revert to thicker fonts, please tell me. I can't read crap with this new font.

Edit : Don't bother, importing a color profile didn't change anything.

They broke the colors! My external monitor suffers the same fate even though I'm using the same color profile.

thanks so much for noticing!, i am very annoyed as well!!! i had mountain lion. the colors in mavericks are so saturated, and thin. (looks like a windows xp icon, rather than osx) its not easy on the eyes.

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I noticed the exact same thing.
If you're using a external monitor, check the calibration. Mine got switched to a new one after the Mavericks install...
I had a custom made one which I suited me and after the instal two new safed calibrations appeared and one of them was being used. I tried switching back to my old one, but that one just looks too bright now, no idea what is going on.

Gallion

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2011
I noticed the exact same thing.
If you're using a external monitor, check the calibration. Mine got switched to a new one after the Mavericks install...
I had a custom made one which I suited me and after the instal two new safed calibrations appeared and one of them was being used. I tried switching back to my old one, but that one just looks too bright now, no idea what is going on.

I used the same custom profile which I imported from my old install for my external display. I couldn't even recalibrate both my laptop display and my external display to look anything like what I had before. Mavericks really screwed up the colors, as you can see in my screenshots. It seems to really be a matter of the color values themselves being altered in some way.

If anyone knows how to address this issue please tell us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.