Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
I love the parallax effect, I love the zooming effect, I love the icons flying in and out. But even in 7.0.3, the animations are still freakin slow!!! The latest update didn't make an iota of difference in speed.

Apple, why can't you simply SPEED THEM UPPPPPPP?????!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Uggghhhhhh

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple doesn't want them faster, they want them the way they are--form over function.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
You can't speed up a laggy OS.

iOS IS LAGGY - the animations have always covered the lag up, ever notice you will open an app and see an image of the app when you closed it fly in, but you can't interact with it till the animation is fully complete, and the app actually loads to a "live" state and is no longer a screengrab?

You have two choices -

Deal with the smoke and mirrors Apple employs to hide their lag
Get Android which does everything on the fly with minor lag, blazing fast animations (which are tweakable), but instant response the moment you open apps

Aucun Express

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
You have two choices -

Deal with the smoke and mirrors Apple employs to hide their lag
Get Android which does everything on the fly with minor lag, blazing fast animations (which are tweakable), but instant response the moment you open apps
Or third choice, simply activate the Recuce motion option in the Settings and iOS will be blazing fast. That's what I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.