Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RamonPouw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Dear forum users,

Yesterday I installed Mavericks on my Macbook 2009...

But there is still an issue, MAPS is not showing anything... When I am opening MAPS on my Macbook, there is a blank page.. can't see any streets or something..

Someone familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ramon

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Dear forum users,

Yesterday I installed Mavericks on my Macbook 2009...

But there is still an issue, MAPS is not showing anything... When I am opening MAPS on my Macbook, there is a blank page.. can't see any streets or something..

Someone familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ramon

same here if viewing via standart mode

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I saw the same thing the first time I opened Maps. I have since rebooted at least once and re-opened after the reboot and it's working now. I kind of wish the 2-finger swipe gesture (up/down) was for zoom and not for scrolling.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
for me it is like that:
no issues via hybrid mode, only via standart
Tried rebooting, full screen, nothing helped

Attachments

• Screenshot 2013-10-23 14.28.08.png
    Screenshot 2013-10-23 14.28.08.png
    783.8 KB · Views: 358

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Just checked mine and everly thing seems to be working. Tried different locations as well. Unknown why mine works and yours do not. Good luck

activate

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Didnt help also, damn sucks :/

Access the downloaded installer and in the packages folder, you'll find the maps package. Reinstall just the maps package. You will have to redownload mavericks if you didn't keep it.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Just checked mine and everly thing seems to be working. Tried different locations as well. Unknown why mine works and yours do not. Good luck

Friend have mac pro, macbook and this issue appeared on mac pro only. Strange bug

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Access the downloaded installer and in the packages folder, you'll find the maps package. Reinstall just the maps package. You will have to redownload mavericks if you didn't keep it.

thanks, however i press download at App store and no reaction, doesnt start downloading. I dont know if i have kept it. This morning i have downloaded and installed mavericks, didnt make anything more

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Same here. I don't even have a grid in standard view. Blank map with just the blue point of the location. The map is here when I open the app and then disappear.

Works quite fine in other views (hybrid or satellite, but also sometimes disappear) and works perfectly in fullscreen mode.

The in-app map of Aperture is also always disappearing.

Strange.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Same here. I don't even have a grid in standard view. Blank map with just the blue point of the location. The map is here when I open the app and then disappear.

Works quite fine in other views (hybrid or satellite, but also sometimes disappear) and works perfectly in fullscreen mode.

The in-app map of Aperture is also always disappearing.

Strange.

Clean install fixed my issues

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
This is a little bit extreme.

I think I am going to wait until 10.9.1 before thinking about a clean install. OS X Maps is not an essential feature for me.

shootzkden

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
Maps didnt work for me also, I read somewhere about having to re-enable certain fonts to get maps to load. After re-enabling all my fonts, maps began working.

exonico

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
Hello,

I've got the same bug, works fine in full screen mode but not in standard one.
Question though, how do you update those fonts ?
Many thanks

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
I had this issue on my iMac. I created a new profile and it worked fine in that so rather than fresh install I just shifted everything to the new profile. No idea what was messing it up though.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Update method, and now Fresh Clean Install, and no issues with Map each time. Why many with no issues, and some with them ? Interesting. :)

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
OK, you can restore the fonts using the Font Book of Mac OSX.

I seems it fixed my problem in Maps, the map is always showing now. Issue fixed with the map of Aperture, too, btw :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.