Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Does anyone have Logic Pro 9 working in Mavericks? Any new issues?

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
i'd love to hear about 9 in mavericks. i'm not ready to switch to X yet - or even ML.

right now everything works… (10.7.5).

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
It's not an immediate issue for me. My Mac mini won't run Mavericks, but I really don't want to have to spend another $200 on top of a computer upgrade just to keep my current software if Logic 9 won't run on the new machine.

t434

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Are you running 9 or X or both? Thanks!

I have both 9 and X and they both run fine on Mavericks. I don't know why, but I am always using Logic 9 more than X. I guess its just an issue with me adjusting to the new look (even though not much has changed except the transport bar).

----------

i'd love to hear about 9 in mavericks. i'm not ready to switch to X yet - or even ML.

right now everything works… (10.7.5).

I would stick with 9 for a while...most of the things in 9 are still the same in X. Mavericks, on the other hand, is a rockin' for me - especially since it is a free download. It gave my MBP an extra hour of battery life from ML. ::eek:

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
I have both 9 and X and they both run fine on Mavericks. I don't know why, but I am always using Logic 9 more than X. I guess its just an issue with me adjusting to the new look (even though not much has changed except the transport bar).

----------

Thank you! That's quite a relief for me...

MasterBlaster77

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2013
Canada
Logic Pro 9 Lagging in Mavericks

My Logic Pro 9 is really lagging in Mavericks...I can hear my production but cannot see any scroll in the arrangement area and no visual volume meters in the mixer area. GRRRR!!!!
I have an iMAC, 21.5-inch, Mid 2010, Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Currently running Logic Pro 9 on OS X 10.9....Please Help!!!

hi-q

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2013
I have Macbook Pro Late 2011, 8 Gb of RAM, and Logic 9 runs significantly worse under Mavericks. Say, I press "Sends" drop-down menu in the Channel Strip, the menu appears and gets frozen for 5-10 seconds, and I can't really do anything during this time and have to wait until it un-freezes. I also encountered problems with dragging notes in Piano Roll -- when I was dragging a note, it wasn't visible until it is released (very inconvenient). Same happened to audio and MIDI regions -- you start to copy-drag something and can't see where you're gonna drop it. I guess I would downgrade back to previous OSX version if it wasn't so much hassle, since the Logic 9 is the program I use really a lot (and I don't want to move on onto Logic X).

Leekenn

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2014
Issues with Logic Pro 9 In Mavericks

Ahh... I wish it was smooth! Since 'upgrading' to Mavericks, Logic has started to exhibit a host of problems for me. After a certain amount of time using the program, I often get increasingly aggressive audio glitches until I have to restart my iMac. Once a project is using a large amount of CPU & RAM, I get the same 'freezing' problem as mentioned by another poster here. And once every few days, it randomly gives me a spinning beach ball of death, and I have to restart the computer.

I have already lost some work to this last problem, and as a whole these issues, combined with no actual improvements whatsoever from a professional standpoint, mean that using the new OSX has damaged my productivity.

Based on the really positive early feedback on Mavericks, I broke a crucial rule of using a computer for professional purposes; namely - NEVER update your OS without a few months of waiting, and some trusted opinions. I can see that not too many people are having these problems, but all that does is turn upgrading from suicide to Russian roulette.

wingedwords

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
logic pro 9 in mavericks

upgraded last night to mavericks .all the sudden crazy latency issues..went from lowest buffer size to highest..everything seems like its lagging..mac book pro late 2012 model 8 gigs i5 64 bit

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
upgraded last night to mavericks .all the sudden crazy latency issues..went from lowest buffer size to highest..everything seems like its lagging..mac book pro late 2012 model 8 gigs i5 64 bit

Strange, it's really working fine for me on a 2009 mac mini, base model 8 gigs, SSHD. I'm running an Apogee. Could it be a problem with your audio device?

Marty62

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
Berlin formerly London
I'm not going anywhere near "Mav" for a while, don't see the need.

I have L9 and LX working in ML 10.8.5 perfectly, in either 32 or 64bit
modes which is very cool.

Getting used to "X" won't take long, it's all there just looks a little different.

There is also the free "Logic Themes" which has become a bit of a cool thing.

"Theme switcher" was released from a clever guy in the US, so now Logic X
can look like an SSL or like pro tools or Ableton OR even Logic 9 !!

Here's a link : http://lts.coldpressgroup.com

I have tried around 8 themes and settled on one that was close to normal X
but just a little lighter and easier to read etc.

M.

joanevolution

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2016
Would anyone have a working copy of reason and logic that would run on Mavericks? I got my macbook Pro today with el Capitan installed but I can see that nothing is running on it. Anyone? I think i may have to downgrade to Mavericks. Please help! Must start recording by tonight!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.