Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
It's the Add Bookmark button. The + sign. It doesn't add a Bookmark. It adds a Reading List.

Screen_Shot_2013-10-24_at_1.02.50_AM.png

Anyone else?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Agree that it doesn't work like you expect, but if you hover your mouse over the + icon, it'll say "Add page to reading list" to the right of the URL, so I'm guessing that it's working as designed.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
but if you hover your mouse over the + icon, it'll say "Add page to reading list" to the right of the URL, so I'm guessing that it's working as designed.

Bummer.

So I got another bug then. When I hover the arrow over + it says nothing. Other icons show what it is but not this +. Urghh.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Bummer.

So I got another bug then. When I hover the arrow over + it says nothing. Other icons show what it is but not this +. Urghh.

It shows at the end of the URL in the address bar.

Also, if you click and hold the +, you get more options, including to add to bookmarks.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
It shows at the end of the URL in the address bar.

Also, if you click and hold the +, you get more options, including to add to bookmarks.

Ah..

But if we can configure it, it would be great. I don't need Add Reading List at all. Now I just add Add Bookmark icon, another icon to add to my crowded toolbar.

bookmark.png

Oops! It doesn't add a bookmark. It just shows a bookmark sidebar. Bummer.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Ah..

But if we can configure it, it would be great. I don't need Add Reading List at all. Now I just add Add Bookmark icon, another icon to add to my crowded toolbar.

Oops! It doesn't add a bookmark. It just shows a bookmark sidebar. Bummer.

If you click where that little image of the MacRumors logo is, you can drag that to the bookmark icon and it will add the page as a bookmark. Also, as previously mentioned by another poster, Cmd-D does the same thing.

Aug 5, 2013
I've found a graphical glitch in Safari. In TopSites when you select a site any that have images that are cropped along the bottom of the screenshot stretches downward in a very unattractive way.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
If you click where that little image of the MacRumors logo is, you can drag that to the bookmark icon and it will add the page as a bookmark. Also, as previously mentioned by another poster, Cmd-D does the same thing.

Thank you.

I rarely use keyboard shortcut. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.