Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I have a 2012 11" Macbook air. 4 gb ram, 1.7 ghz 64 ssd. Now ever since updating to Mavericks I have noticed lag and sometimes even moving the mouse on items makes a beach ball for a split second which never happened before I updated to Mavericks. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
Yes I've noticed lagging too. The beach ball rarely showed up at all before Mavericks but I am liking Mavericks so it's not that big of a deal. Wish I would've gotten 8gb ram and 256gb though.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Do you update, or install from scratch? Usually people find the more stable system when they reinstall from scratch. You can, of course, check the activity monitor or the system logs, but if you don't install many applications and you have backup of your data, reinstall would be the good option.

Lizawaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
A few days later.... How are your Mac book air's doing?
I have an air 11" and I'm quite hesitant to upgrade
Also, did you do a clean install or did you upgrade from the Apple website?

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I took the upgrade. And yes, for first few hours it still indexing and do some background stuff. After that, I can say its normal.
The only glitch I found is sleep mode and ms outlook. System will wait 20 seconds after lid close before going to sleep. Outlook is also quite lag during scrolling. Word and PPT no issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.