Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E1Geoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
I decided because I wanted a number of cables available; car/work/bedroom/desk etc. And because of the generally unfavourable reviews of the apple lightning cable on apple. My best option was to buy a load of micro usb cables at 1.50 a go, that I keep in the various locations, and a have a single Lightning adaptor that I keep on my car keys.

The only problem at the moment is I cant find any keyring cases for the adaptor. Does such a thing exist? Does anyone have one?

E1Geoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
I came across these as one potential option - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holder-Keyring-Keychain-Airtight-Waterproof/dp/B004XCG19A

41PnJNW1BjL._SX342_.jpg

They could work, but are a bit large, and the adaptor will probably rattle around in it too...

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I came across these as one potential option - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Holder-Keyring-Keychain-Airtight-Waterproof/dp/B004XCG19A

They could work, but are a bit large, and the adaptor will probably rattle around in it too...

If you want a case to actually store the adapter on your keys, the pill case might be your best solution. Just try to find a smaller one.

Or maybe you can find something like this (but a micro usb to lightning version):
sku_35005_1.jpg

One other solution would be to just buy one of these:
sample_picture_large.jpg

keychain-usb-datacharging-cable-lightning-2-450x450.jpg

Pat too

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012

I use a similar capsule to store my Micro SD card and paperclip/sim card remover and I think it's great - small and waterproof. I guess you could use some foam (Boots earplugs) or Blutac to stop the adaptor rattling so much.

Edit: Just tried, I can actually fit the Apple adaptor, Micro SD card, paperclip and a Micro Sim card into the capsule!

Last edited:

E1Geoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
If you want a case to actually store the adapter on your keys, the pill case might be your best solution. Just try to find a smaller one.

Or maybe you can find something like this (but a micro usb to lightning version):

One other solution would be to just buy one of these:

I've had a good look around and they all seem to be that sort of size.

They are all good options, but don't quite fulfill what I need. With that length of cable the usb port being used needs to be in quite a convenient location with somewhere to rest the phone - a car or desk with desktop computer won't always offer this (or laptop for that matter as the orientation of the phone will mean it cant be used while plugged in). I suppose a USB extension cable could be used instead of a micro USB cable, but I already have a few of the latter. Also there is the compatibility issues with lightning cables to contend with.

I use a similar capsule to store my Micro SD card and paperclip/sim card remover and I think it's great - small and waterproof. I guess you could use some foam (Boots earplugs) or Blutac to stop the adaptor rattling so much.

I like the earplugs idea, I have a few and they could easily trim to size. For the sake of £2 I'll order one and give it a go.

It's a shame apple don't offer some sort of official solution for this as to me it seems like one of the key reasons to buy the adaptor as opposed to a full cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.