Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fizzler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
I have a 2013 MBA and have noticed significantly reduced boot speed since upgrading the OS. Has anyone else had the same issue?

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
I have a 2013 MBA and have noticed significantly reduced boot speed since upgrading the OS. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Yep noticed too and shutdown for me is longer, going for a clean install, will check if something changed

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

Why would you care about boot speed? Really. Explain to me why boot speed is of any importance whatsoever.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
If you don't like to put it in sleep mode every time.

You just close the lid when you don't use it, and open the lid when you use it again. Where's the problem? If you have habits that are wasting your time, you shouldn't complain about the wasted time, but change that habit.

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
You just close the lid when you don't use it, and open the lid when you use it again. Where's the problem? If you have habits that are wasting your time, you shouldn't complain about the wasted time, but change that habit.

How dare you use rational logic on an internet forum full of OCD weirdos!

Who do you think you are to make perfect sense in the "face" of nerds, geeks and whackadoos that are so set in their ways they still shut down computers for no reason when they'll be using them again tomorrow?

For shame..

gooddeal

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
PA
Many people like me don't need to use a laptop every day. I only use my laptop 2 or 3 times a week and I hate to charge it all the time.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Why would you care about boot speed? Really. Explain to me why boot speed is of any importance whatsoever.

i don't understand this attitude at all. it's advertised as an 11s bootup, so that's what it should do. if it's not then something is slowing it down and he would like to know what that is. what's the problem?

I hardly ever shutdown my macs, i just put them to sleep. From time to time I need to shut it down or reboot & I always enjoy how quickly it boots up when I do. If I noticed a significant delay in that bootup time I would probably try and explore why. Nothing to do with time-management.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009

Who do you think you are to make perfect sense in the "face" of nerds, geeks and whackadoos that are so set in their ways they still shut down computers for no reason when they'll be using them again tomorrow?

For shame..

I can't speak for others, but personally I'd prefer those "OCD weirdos" to rudeness.:rolleyes:

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I performed a standard upgrade.
Boot speed fo rme is the same.
Shutdown speed is much quicker.

iterva

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Sweden
I performed a standard upgrade.
Boot speed fo rme is the same.
Shutdown speed is much quicker.

Also standard upgrade.
Boot speed seems the same.
Shutdown speed might be a tiny bit quicker.

Just my initial impressions, have not done any "scientific" testing on this (nor will i do any). :p

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden

Perhaps they don't want to waste battery? If they don't use the computer that much or if they just want to start fresh every time they use their computer, shutting down completely is the only way.

For shame..

So just because people uses their computers in different ways, they get mocked and called OCD weirdos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.