Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone else experiencing this? My calendars and reminders are syncing across iOS 7 and Mavericks fine, but for some reason the notes won't sync.

Was wondering if its an isolated issue or if others are experiencing it.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
I'd quite like to sync notes across devices using iCloud.

But for the love of God, why do I need to setup an iCloud e-mail address in order to do this? I don't need an iCloud e-mail address for things like Reminders, so what's the big deal with notes?

SuperRob

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not having that issue with Notes, but I can't get it to sync my Exchange account. Oddly, Mail and Calendar use that same account fine, but I get a message in Notes saying it can't connect to the exchange account and asks for the password again. It worked fine in Mountain Lion.

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
As far as I know, if you turn on Notes on both devices, it only syncs going forward. Unlike Contacts on iCloud, which prompts to merge, Notes will only sync content created after its enabled.

dak1212

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
Having this issue too. iOS devices work fine for syncing iCloud notes, but Mavericks is having trouble. Other emails are fine, but the iCloud specific isn't working.

I had un checked it from the settings area, and now it will not re connect.

jobieh

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
I'm having the same problem. Notes sync as expected between all of my iOS devices, but any new notes I create on my Mac (or any previous notes I edit) don't sync at all. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue, but to no avail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.