Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icecoldart

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Europe-Poland
Hello dear mac rumors people.
I've a late 2012 Macbook Pro (non retina) with 2,6 GHz i7 8GB Ram and 750HDD

Since i've updated the OS to mavericks yesterday i've been struggling with photoshop CS6 it can work just fine for a minute to completely freeze for a few or even 10 or so seconds until it will respond. This issue had not existed in Mountain Lion. I've also noticed that the sound voulume bar can be laggy, it jumps a few dots instead of steady increments .

Now i'm an artist not a tech guy, but my guess will be it has something to do with the new memory allocation thing, anyhow it made my life really difficult as i cannot work in PS anymore, and that's a serious stab...

Anyone here with similiar problem?

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
Been reading that there were various bugs with CS6 during the beta. Guess they hadn't gotten worked out before the release. Bummer. Wonder whose side needs to make the adjustment, Apple or Adobe...

icecoldart

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Europe-Poland
My bet would be Apple as like i said it ran perfectly smooth on Mountain Lion.
Well whoever has to fix it better do it fast or some people will loose jobs >.>

icecoldart

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Europe-Poland
Guys

Disable the graphics acceleration in PS settings, the OpenCl in particular ( or all of it for the sake of doing it ) it helped by tons! Not a perfect solution, but a workaround for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.