Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellohopes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Hello there

I'm looking to buy some speakers for my iPhone5 that will be loud enough to fill a hall full of dancers!

I'd be very grateful for suggestions.

Many thanks.

HarrisF

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2013
I have been looking for speakers also for my iPhone and stumbled upon this site. Please try to check also --> reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57517966-233/the-dock-is-dead-best-wireless-speakers-for-the-iphone/

-majestic

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
Bose just released the new SoundTouch systems that's basically next gen connectivity but require a wi-fi network, so no bluetooth. For bluetooth go with the SoundLink speakers. Yes I am biased with bose speakers; reliable, durable and great customer service.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Waiting on these to ship..

85955.jpg

85942.jpg

Not expecting the best but for the price and portability I think they may be okay.. We'll see though.

Chiba

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I'm looking to buy some speakers for my iPhone5 that will be loud enough to fill a hall full of dancers!
First of all, best and audio in general are always highly subjective matters.

How big is this hall? What's your budget? Always provide details and don't just assume that we know what you mean by "best" no matter what you're asking about.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I don't have this but looks good:
Sony ZSBTY50 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Boombox Speaker System
http://amzn.com/B00BLCLVD6

I have this one:
SHARKK® Bluetooth 4.0 BoomBox Speaker, Portable Speaker System, Ultra Bass Booster, Powerful Crystal-Clear Sound, Sub woofer Sound Affect, Speaker Has Built In Mic For Phone Calls / For iphone / iPad / iPad Air / All Phones / Samsung Galaxy Phones and Tablets / Laptops / PC Computers / MP3 Players (Bluetooth 4.0, Black)
http://amzn.com/B00ES2BQ7M

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
First of all, best and audio in general are always highly subjective matters.

How big is this hall? What's your budget? Always provide details and don't just assume that we know what you mean by "best" no matter what you're asking about.
It can probably be inferred from the quality of the OP's question that he's probably not looking to drive a set of Wilson Alexandria XLFs with his iphone.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Cerwin Vega VS-150's (black) flanked by CV AT-15's, each speaker getting 250 watts of light dimming, four floors up neighbor bitching power. There was a 15" CV Stroker (first gen) in a 5 cubic foot properly ported enclosure with its own 450 watt subwoofer plate amp in the back corner.

Good times.... good times!

100_1694.jpg

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
*BUMP* because the guy above this post had a killer system lol

I bet he got a lot of poon, too. The sound waves just blowing girls' clothes right off. What a guy.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Cerwin Vega VS-150's (black) flanked by CV AT-15's, each speaker getting 250 watts of light dimming, four floors up neighbor bitching power. There was a 15" CV Stroker (first gen) in a 5 cubic foot properly ported enclosure with its own 450 watt subwoofer plate amp in the back corner.

Good times.... good times!

Your tv is too small for the speaker:) you need a 50"+ screen

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Your tv is too small for the speaker:) you need a 50"+ screen

I did later get a bigger tv. The one in the pic was a 37", later put that in my bedroom and had a 42" in the living room. At that time I also didn't have the Vega's, but had a very mint set of Klipsch Forte II's coupled with a Marantz receiver. Much better sound quality, but not knocking the CV's as they were good also. Still had the sub.

Damn... play some Toto - Africa on those Klipsch' man... orgasmic haha.

Always been into sound and not the TV... ;)

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I did later get a bigger tv. The one in the pic was a 37", later put that in my bedroom and had a 42" in the living room. At that time I also didn't have the Vega's, but had a very mint set of Klipsch Forte II's coupled with a Marantz receiver. Much better sound quality, but not knocking the CV's as they were good also. Still had the sub.

Damn... play some Toto - Africa on those Klipsch' man... orgasmic haha.

Always been into sound and not the TV... ;)

Haha. I am into the tv size. I rather spend more on a large tv than good speakers:).

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Haha. I am into the tv size. I rather spend more on a large tv than good speakers:).

This, Sir, is where we differ. ;)

I'm content with my little 13" MBP and a killer stereo haha. I've had the big expensive nice toys, tv's, 1,400 TRUE watts surround sound and all of that, but a nice 2.0 or even 2.1 setup is all I really want. The screen is only to display the GUI for me so it's not really that important.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
JBL charge - bought this for work, I work in boiler rooms a lot and the ambient noise is loud usually. Everyone Lways comes up to me and can't believe how loud the little JBL charge gets. Plus it can charge your devices when it itself is off the charger. $150

Bose sound link 2 - real nice, got this for my mom. Best sound of a the Bluetooth speakers out there. Cannot charge your devices, $300

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Been using the big jam box for about a year now, I use it every night at work for 8-10 hours. Love the thing so much! I work in a very loud environment and have had no problems hearing it yet.

harrygarry61

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
iphone5 best speaker

Bose - SoundDock Speaker System

Product Features

Input Voltage: 110 V AC, 220 V AC
Color: Black
Height: 6.7"
Width: 11.9"
Depth: 6.5"
Weight (Approximate): 4.56 lb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.