Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Yesterday I tried to downgrade to mountain lion from maverics but it doesnt work !! i have mountain lion on my sd card as boot drive and when i try to use it, my screen shows a circle with a cross in it. also i erased my hard drive in disk utility before i did it. i also saw something else on disk utility that had the osx maverick on it but the option to erase that was greyed out. is it because i have fusion drive and the hdd is seperate? i dont know ! but that part wasnt erasable and ya

i really need help badly ! i am so sad . back when i had mountain lion ,, everything worked PERFECTLY. after getting mavericks , i want to kill myself because my computer keeps randomly lagging when i am browsing files in finder and the worst part is it keeps lagging in photoshop and its driving me crazy because i work in it all day ! someone have a solution please?!?! ahhhh :confused:

i reallly want mountain lion back , i tried to be okay with mavericks but just cant !!!!!!!

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Do you have a backup before Mavericks was installed? If so erase Mavericks, reinstall ML then import your stuff from backup with Migration Assist.ant

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Yesterday I tried to downgrade to mountain lion from maverics but it doesnt work !! i have mountain lion on my sd card as boot drive and when i try to use it, my screen shows a circle with a cross in it. also i erased my hard drive in disk utility before i did it. i also saw something else on disk utility that had the osx maverick on it but the option to erase that was greyed out. is it because i have fusion drive and the hdd is seperate? i dont know ! but that part wasnt erasable and ya

i really need help badly ! i am so sad . back when i had mountain lion ,, everything worked PERFECTLY. after getting mavericks , i want to kill myself because my computer keeps randomly lagging when i am browsing files in finder and the worst part is it keeps lagging in photoshop and its driving me crazy because i work in it all day ! someone have a solution please?!?! ahhhh :confused:

i reallly want mountain lion back , i tried to be okay with mavericks but just cant !!!!!!!

LMAO, sorry for laughing but things in life could certainly be worse than your computer not being perfect to a point of you making that statement whether or rhetorical or not.

I was just about to hit the UPGRADE button when I felt that I might experience instability. People will tell you that it's unnecessary to do a full erase and install but that might be your solution, unless your Mac is just too old for Mavericks to run perfectly or your ram is limited. I've decided to do a full erase and install. I always do anyway and I end up with smooth performance every time.

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
I dont have a backup from before :(

I updated when I saw mavericks on the app store

i never knew things could get this bad ahhh

it is very bad for me because I use photoshop for 10 hours everyday and it freezes every 5 seconds which drives me crazy and breaks my focus when I am digital painting ahhhh

I seriously want to cry a river man. I cant work in peace ! and i cant figure out how to get mountain lion back ! thats all i want !
some one please help me !!!

i tried to do a clean install, and it wouldnt let me use my mountain lion boot drive on my sd card. i erased my hdd before i tried too

Princejb134

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012

Go to power saver in settings and uncheck turn off hard drive when not in use. It should fix the lag issues. I had the same lag problem it was very annoying

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

it is very bad for me because I use photoshop for 10 hours everyday and it freezes every 5 seconds which drives me crazy and breaks my focus when I am digital painting ahhhh

I seriously want to cry a river man. I cant work in peace ! and i cant figure out how to get mountain lion back ! thats all i want !
some one please help me !!!

i tried to do a clean install, and it wouldnt let me use my mountain lion boot drive on my sd card. i erased my hdd before i tried too

Have you tried internet Recovery?

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010

it is very bad for me because I use photoshop for 10 hours everyday...

You do 10 hours a day of photoshop and you trusted a new release?

You do 10 hours a day of photoshop and did not back up? I would assume you back up daily with that much effort into it.

I do feel for you, but... come on.

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
ya i have the power saver option already unchecked

also does internet recovery allow me to get mountain lion?
because when I tried that, i think it only showed mavericks

----------

You do 10 hours a day of photoshop and you trusted a new release?

You do 10 hours a day of photoshop and did not back up? I would assume you back up daily with that much effort into it.

I do feel for you, but... come on.

i know man im stupid
i thought the worst it could be would be like when i got mountain lion when it was just released , it wasnt as bad as this

i was just thinking oh apple couldnt have done anything that could be that bad

ahhhhh

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
ya i have the power saver option already unchecked

also does internet recovery allow me to get mountain lion?
because when I tried that, i think it only showed mavericks

----------

i know man im stupid
i thought the worst it could be would be like when i got mountain lion when it was just released , it wasnt as bad as this

i was just thinking oh apple couldnt have done anything that could be that bad

ahhhhh
The Command - R option on boot up only showed Mavericks, and not the OS that your system came with?

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
hm i cant remember if i tried cmd opt R
i think i may have only tried cmd R

is there a difference with the two?

i think i will try that

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
okay well im going to go try this now and if it works , IM GOING TO BE SO DAMN HAPPY AND NEVER UPDATE AGAIN

wish me luck

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
OMG YOU GUS IT WORKS!

Omfg I thought i would never get my dearly beloved mountain lion again omg
I shall never ever leave you again
The last remains of Steve jobs perfection !
Is mine again
Bwahahhaha

But for real thank u guys so much I'm seriously bursting of joy right now
I never realized how amazing my computer was before since I never had any problems

SO FREAKING HAPY :)

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
Looks like you are still having issues. Your keyboard is dropping letters now!! ;)

serine

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
I have the same issue, regarding downloading Mavericks and wanting to switch to mountain lion. I did all the steps: doing command, option, and r. However when I get to the part where it says to select a disk, there is only one and its not letting me click on it saying that it cant install because the disc is already updated to a new installer or something" please help how can I change that, and download mountain lion?

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
I have the same issue, regarding downloading Mavericks and wanting to switch to mountain lion. I did all the steps: doing command, option, and r. However when I get to the part where it says to select a disk, there is only one and its not letting me click on it saying that it cant install because the disc is already updated to a new installer or something" please help how can I change that, and download mountain lion?

If your computer is new enough to have the efi update that allows it to recover from internet without a recovery partition, when you get to that point to install and it won't let you select the disk, you can back out slightly and go into disk utility and erase and reset the partition of the disk and then go back into the installer and you should get the option then to choose that disk.

arprsty

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2013
OMG YOU GUS IT WORKS!

But for real thank u guys so much I'm seriously bursting of joy right now
I never realized how amazing my computer was before since I never had any problems

SO FREAKING HAPY :)

Conratulations,
i have the same problem, and i will do the same trick
but i have a question: after succesfully recover to Mountain Lyon, what happen to your file? is it gone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.