Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prism

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
That is how I feel after installing 10.9 on my almost 3 y.o. 13" MBP!!! Battery life is literally doubled, the fans rarely kick in, the bottom of the case remains cool most of the time. And everything feels zippier. IMHO, this is the best OS upgrade I have ever seen! Thank you Apple!

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
That is how I feel after installing 10.9 on my almost 3 y.o. 13" MBP!!! Battery life is literally doubled, the fans rarely kick in, the bottom of the case remains cool most of the time. And everything feels zippier. IMHO, this is the best OS upgrade I have ever seen! Thank you Apple!
For me, I had Snow Leopard on my MBP when I got it...Lion took away battery life, Mtn Lion did not improve, and also used up RAM in such a way as to get my processor spinning the fan up way too often, apps crashing, etc...so, now, I am very happy, so far, with Mavericks handling of memory is much, much, much improved, it is running cooler, everything is faster and smoother, but, haven't had a chance to try out battery life yet...so far, though, seems like back to snow leopard speed, maybe even stability, and new features too :D ...so for me, more of a "restoration" than a new computer.

...and I usually wait for 10.x.3 update to go for the upgrade...but I'd read good things about Mavericks on here, and then it was free, so I got it within 24 hours of release.

tblrsa

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
I need to test it a bit more, but with Lion and Mountain Lion my Fans always kicked in and made my Mid 2013 MBP very noisy. So far it is running smooth with Mavericks, just about everything seems to be faster.

Thanks Apple. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.