Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Ever since upgrading to Mavericks i can't work from a Windows share.

I keep getting permission denied errors.. working from Pages has been a massive headache as it's not saving changes due to permission errors and won't let me save it at all.. then it all borks and says it must close down because the file has become unreadable, and when i check it has a random extension instead of .pages.. i can change it back and it works but it doesn't solve the problem.

I can't do simple things like copy files.

I've looked it up and it seems Apple is now using SMB2.. this: http://cammodude.blogspot.co.uk blog post describes 2 work around fixes.. non of them work for me.

I'm logged in as an admin and i've tried domain\username and just username but still no permissions.

The blog post describes not being able to login at all, i can login, and copy from it, i just can't do anything else.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
As you mentioned, apple has updated its implementation of SMB, so its possible a bug has snuck in. Just for giggles did you try to set the permissions of the file you're working on to Everyone? Just to see if that alters how OSX works with the file.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
The permission and sharing section is not there it just says "You have custom access"

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I mean modifying the security from the windows workstation sorry :(

It kind of assumes access to the files from windows.

A somewhat kludgy work around is to use VMware Fusion and load windows onto your mac.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Ahh my bad.. i moved it to a location that everyone had access to and made sure it was correctly permission'd on the server.. still done the same thing unfortunately.

I'm dragging them to my workstation to work on and then dragging them back so it's not the end of the world, yet.

coolmaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
I have the exact same problem. I can copy it, delete it and paste it on the window network drive, but can not save the file when edited. Glad to know I am not alone. I think the problem is only related to the new version of iWork (Pages, Number, Keynote), other files in the window share folder can be saved without problem.

jddnd

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Did you ever found a solution for this?

Hello,

I'm having the same problem Please let me know if you have found a solution for this issue. For now the only work around is to go back to Mountain Lion :(

rataosinho

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
Hey guys, how are you?

I mean, we're all on the farm with the new iWork or Maveriks, I dunno ..

The fact is, as said from the start of the topic, can not save edits from Keynote or other Apple app directly to the server (Server 2008 in my case).

It does not really worked for me the idea friend Michael Larsen (http://cammodude.blogspot.com.br/2013/10/os-x-109-mavericks-workaround-for-smb.html)
I had no success with both options.

Neither worked for me turning off SMBv2 on the server: (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2696547/en-us).
Until because I dont admit we have to disable a service protocol so well done and created by Microsoft, I do not consider something like that. Well, SMBv2 still enabled on my server.

I tried to format the disks with NTFS permissions for anyone, FAT32, exFAT and nothing.

There are some things that I noticed in this test season. Has a file of 400kb I can edit and save. Unlike other file of 48MB which does not save. Does it have any content within this file that is impeding the MacOS to save it?
Another, can not connect to windows server via AFP, I can?

The amazing thing is that Apple seems to not realize this **** on your system. I think we are not even reading my bug reports or feedbacks. It is a calamity for the computer world. They are smarter than us! : @

If anyone wants to respond even if only to unwind, will be welcome.

Hugs to all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.