Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Hi, i've never worked with Twitter API and i think now it's the time to. i entered to Twitter's developer section of their website to find it confusing to use their API. The documentation is well written but i'm kinda lost like what should i do, and where should i start? i Googled some tutorials but i couldn't find good ones except one which only teaches you using SLRequest to access the current user's timeline. My goal is to query tweets according to a keyword the user enters. Unfortunately i couldn't find the tutorial suitable for it. So does Apple facilitate the communication with the REST API? Does Apple has any documentation or source code that explain it? Please if anyone can just put me on the first step of the ladder i'll be more than thankful. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you!

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Are you just looking for a tutorial on how to use REST web services?

i'm looking on how can i use Twitter's API in iOS (which is in turn based on REST). Twitter's developer section doesn't help much. they even suggest a source code for an app Apple released before and when you click it's no more there.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
The twitter API which is part of iOS is (from what I understand) not based on REST. The iOS twitter API is just for posting tweets from the users account via a pop-up sheet.

The Twitter REST API IS obviously based on rest and really doesn't differ between which platform (android, ios, etc) that you are using it on and you can find more information here https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.