Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Threni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2013
Is it possible to airdrop stuff between your own devices. e.g. iPhone to iPad (Air when it comes out!)

Threni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2013
Ah excellent, will save me buying a camera connection kit! I like to put my photos I've taken on my iPhone onto my iPad. Obviosuly photo stream only works on wifi which I don't tend to have out and about.

How do does it work selecting yourself!!!

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Ah excellent, will save me buying a camera connection kit! I like to put my photos I've taken on my iPhone onto my iPad. Obviosuly photo stream only works on wifi which I don't tend to have out and about.

How do does it work selecting yourself!!!

Same way it works selecting any device. It's not tied to Apple IDs or anything. :)

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Just to be clear-

AirDrop does not work between iOS and OSX devices such as a MacBook Pro, correct? Doesn't work for me, anyways. Two different protocols that have the same name.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
Just to be clear-

AirDrop does not work between iOS and OSX devices such as a MacBook Pro, correct? Doesn't work for me, anyways. Two different protocols that have the same name.

Yeah. That really sucks.... (Imo that would have been a killer feature)

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Different, incompatible protocols.

I understand that. I'm saying they could enable the feature to use whatever protocol AirPlay uses between iPhone and Mac (WiFi) or whatever. Or maybe the new Macs have compatible Bluetooth to use this in the future, I don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.