Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
what is it supposed to be?

for those of you who have one, what kind of battery life do you get?

for me, it seems that i may have a nano that doesn't work properly. i run a lot (basically everyday) and it seems after about 2 runs, i have to charge it. so it seems like i'm getting at max 2 hours, probably less. now i do have the volume up quite a bit, but not all the way up.

do you think i should take it back to the apple store?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
twoodcc said:
surely someone around here can help me out?

14 hours. If you are getting significantly less than this, take it back.

Problem solved.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Chundles said:

Problem solved.

thanks for replying.

i guess i need my receipt when i take it back. should i leave all my songs on it?

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
Chundles said:

Problem solved.

i don't know if this is true. at what volume? when you have your headphones on, it's at a relatively low volume. seems to last a long time.

however, patched into the car stereo, with the volume way up, it doesn't last nearly as long.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
zap2 said:
2hrs , take it back it should last longer then thats with music and max volume and looking at Pictures

thanks.

yeah, i think you're right. and i don't even think it's 2 hours. when i take it back, should i leave all my songs on it?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i took my nano back to the apple store. i left it with them. they are supposed to do a battery test on it and call me back. if it doesn't come back with 80% of 14 hours, then they will replace it (probably just the battery). they said they would format everything though. oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i called earlier today about my nano, and they said it would be ready either tomorrow (monday) or the next day (tuesday). if i don't get a call tomorrow, i'll call them, just to check up on it

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
my nano battery doesn't last that long. It's longer than yours, but I also run every day, and after 2 days it's significantly drained, but not fully. My rev. B mini lasted much longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.