Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
So my Slingbox Solo was working just fine for a while now, then one day it said it didn't have my remote for my cable box. I tried resetting it, and the thing is working fine, streaming video and sound to my laptop and iPhone, but I just can't change channels. I tried resetting it but when I got to the part in the setup where you're supposed to find your remote, it didn't find anything under any of the keywords I'd tried. I then tried to select it from a list, but as soon as I selected my device type as being a "Cable TV Box," I was told that "no manufacturers were available."

I know Sling's a pretty terrible company and that their devices fail all the time, but it seems like a problem on their end, not mine. And what's worse is that I'm just outside their 1 year help period so they'd make me pay to call them, ugh.

My cable box is a RCN-supplied Tivo for the DC region. Any advice would be appreciated...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.